To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by 253ctsv If you want to organize a group buy, ORGANIZE it. Don't complain and call people out ...
    WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    If you want to organize a group buy, ORGANIZE it. Don't complain and call people out on forums

----------

P.S. if u haven't heard from me since you gave a for sure $ and date I haven't made any commitment

So, rag on the guy who's trying to save EVERYONE some money, on his OWN time, not taking ANY kickback for it, and don't take ANY responsibility or ownership of it yourself. That'll get things done real fast. LOL This is just a small example of what's wrong with this world. Nobody gives a shit about a "greater good" anymore. It's all about #1.

I'm not the organizer. Just someone who said I was interested (and actually meant it), and would like to see this thing take off. If I were the organizer, people with this type of attitude would have me saying "**** it" in no time. Why should I bust my balls to save some dick like that any money...

fre1102 - How many have you got re-confirmed at this point? Also, apologies if my starting this thread complicates things further. I just thought that the other one wasn't titled all that clearly that it was a group-buy, and it was also in the section of the forum that gets the least attention. So I thought this might help out a bit. Seems as though it's attracted a couple confirmations anyway...

Ak Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Give me a break. The last I heard it wasn't going to happen and quite frankly I just forgot about it. Now what's the next thing I need to do to get these?

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398

So, rag on the guy who's trying to save EVERYONE some money, on his OWN time, not taking ANY kickback for it, and don't take ANY responsibility or ownership of it yourself. That'll get things done real fast. LOL This is just a small example of what's wrong with this world. Nobody gives a shit about a "greater good" anymore. It's all about #1.

I'm not the organizer. Just someone who said I was interested (and actually meant it), and would like to see this thing take off. If I were the organizer, people with this type of attitude would have me saying "**** it" in no time. Why should I bust my balls to save some dick like that any money...

fre1102 - How many have you got re-confirmed at this point? Also, apologies if my starting this thread complicates things further. I just thought that the other one wasn't titled all that clearly that it was a group-buy, and it was also in the section of the forum that gets the least attention. So I thought this might help out a bit. Seems as though it's attracted a couple confirmations anyway...
    I'm raging on the idiot who started the post calling people out for being "in" and not living up to their "commitment". I was interested months ago. I never heard anything about it and assumed it fell through. I'm no longer interested. Had someone made another post titled "clear fog group buy" then compiled a list of people who were ready to pull the trigger in the next couple weeks you'd see there aren't 15 people. you coulda sent 14PM's. There never were 15 people ready to buy. As for what's wrong with this world? It's cry babies like you IMO. Pony up the extra $50 to buy your stupid lights and stop crying about it.

You know why I didn't respond earlier? Because I never actually talked to anyone about a group buy and didn't think I was on "the list". All I'm saying is, there's a right way that works and a wrong way that doesn't when organizing a group buy. This would be the wrong way.
    FoD and FoD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Jim View Post
    Give me a break. The last I heard it wasn't going to happen and quite frankly I just forgot about it. Now what's the next thing I need to do to get these?
    Head over to the original thread (linked above) to get up to speed.

I'm raging on the idiot who started the post calling people out for being "in" and not living up to their "commitment". I was interested months ago. I never heard anything about it and assumed it fell through. I'm no longer interested. Had someone made another post titled "clear fog group buy" then compiled a list of people who were ready to pull the trigger in the next couple weeks you'd see there aren't 15 people. you coulda sent 14PM's. There never were 15 people ready to buy. As for what's wrong with this world? It's cry babies like you IMO. Pony up the extra $50 to buy your stupid lights and stop crying about it.

You know why I didn't respond earlier? Because I never actually talked to anyone about a group buy and didn't think I was on "the list". All I'm saying is, there's a right way that works and a wrong way that doesn't when organizing a group buy. This would be the wrong way.
    I'm the "idiot" that started this thread, but I'm not the GB organizer... Just trying to help. And your "rage" really doesn't mean fack all to me. If you wanna consider this a call-out - be my guest. I would say your defensiveness is basically an admission to deserving to be called out. Just my opinion though. The same opinion that says the name calling is just your typical pot calling the kettle scenario. No skin off my back.

Here woulda been a good idea ... How about taking a moment to go back to where you SAID YOU WERE IN and maybe posting a quick "Hey, if this is still being worked on, sorry fellas, but I've found something else", or something to that effect? Seems a little more reasonable to me than just "assuming" that it's fallen through (which would have been tough to do had you kept an eye on the thread where updates were provided). I don't know, maybe expecting a little common courtesy is just too much to ask. I suppose I'll head to my corner and cry about that too ...

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Yeah maybe I would have said somthing, but I forgot about it. A little communication would have fixed that. Someone sending a message asking if I'd be able to buy within the next month and saying how many people we had. I'm clearly in the majority here or you wouldn't have had a reason to make this thread.

Yeah maybe I would have said somthing, but I forgot about it. A little communication would have fixed that. Someone sending a message asking if I'd be able to buy within the next month and saying how many people we had. I'm clearly in the majority here or you wouldn't have had a reason to make this thread.

Sure. You win. Moving on...

Thanks, will do.

----------

Ok, I went to the 9 page thread and put my name back on it. What else do I need to do?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Wes, GBs are like leading a dog to water. You can do it, but you can't make 'em drink. GBs are notoriously difficult to pull off. It's like carrying an arm-load of jello.

Oh, btw, I'm not in.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Jim View Post
    Thanks, will do.

----------

Ok, I went to the 9 page thread and put my name back on it. What else do I need to do?
    I believe you'll want to send a PM or email to fre1102, if you haven't already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398 View Post
    I believe you'll want to send a PM or email to fre1102, if you haven't already done so.
    Thanks!

In the event anyone's watching this thread, we only need 3 more people to get the 15 required for the GB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.