Revshift
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By 253ctsv
  • 2 Post By izcain
  • 4 Post By joshuajohn1981
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Revshift in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So a few weeks ago everyone was all pissy (understandably so) about long wait times for revs gift bushings and ...
    253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Revshift

So a few weeks ago everyone was all pissy (understandably so) about long wait times for revs gift bushings and Cs... Just wanted to say I ordered all of mine from them a couple weeks ago, got shipping email a couple days later and received my parts within a week or 2. Also I ordered pretty much everything so they gave me a discount. Thanks rs
    Revshift and Revshift like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Re: Revshift

Same here I ordered online and within a short time I had the email stating the trans insert was on the way. Showed up in about a week. I will gladly support a smaller business (coming from one myself) even if the wait times are a while.
    Revshift and Revshift like this.

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    I have read pretty much all of the threads regarding RevShift. And I will definitely not hesitate to order from RevShift when the time comes that I'm ready to do my mounts etc. From my perspective, the guys on these forums that know what they're doing are all pretty happy with their products. Also the way RevShift handles themselves when responding to complaints is professional and timely. They'll expect an order from me in the near future. As will PissNUOff.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Great to hear. I plan to order MMs asap since I'm about to install Kooks headers soon.

And, PISNUOFF shifter feels great. I have a B&M in my V, but I recently drove a friends V with a recent install of his shifter (and LS7 clutch)... and I wouldn't hesitate to buy either... now that I got to test them out. I wish there were more V GTGs

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I got my parts very quickly this month as well.

Busted_Nut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 V: Cam, Internals, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Cats, Borla back

Revshift does have good customer service and will ship quickly.

I ordered the blue transmission insert because I was having some trouble finding reverse and sometime hearing a small "thump" when accelerating hard. Come to find out my stock transmission mount was worn out, and the transmission was not lining up correctly.

I am not a full time mechanic and was worried about installing this myself. But, after reading the install thread on LS1 tech, it went in 15 minutes like the other guys. Jack up the transmission itself to alleviate the pressure and create space to insert RevShift spacer. It simply inserts into the stock trans mount space.

Now my shifts are more solid. No trouble finding reverse anymore, no more "thump" on hard acceleration.

Inexpensive, easy to install. Wish I did this sooner.

- Nut

sgtdestruction is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver

I ordered my Revshift MM's and received them in less than a week. Also ordered short shifter from Brian and received in less than a week. Bravo to both...excellent shipping and more importantly, excellent parts.

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Since you're all talking favorably about the revshift mounts, can anyone recommend which hardness is best? I use my V mostly for daily driving, but also autocross it. At this time I don't do any track days. Are there any other of their bushings I should consider?

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    Since you're all talking favorably about the revshift mounts, can anyone recommend which hardness is best? I use my V mostly for daily driving, but also autocross it. At this time I don't do any track days. Are there any other of their bushings I should consider?
    Rule of thumb: 80A for bushings directly connected to a prime mover (motor and transmission), and 95A for everything else (subframe bushings, trailing arm bushings, differential bushings, etc).

nvthev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v
    Really, 95A. Are the 80s just to soft for the rear? I only run about 2000 miles a year just cruising. I was going to do 80s all the way around.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by nvthev View Post
    Really, 95A. Are the 80s just to soft for the rear? I only run about 2000 miles a year just cruising. I was going to do 80s all the way around.
    You can listen to lilgcts-v's impressions here. The subframe and trailing arm bushings are not subjected to the kind of excitation that the motor mounts and transmission mount are.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...l#post17000943

nvthev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v
    Interesting. Thanks for the Link.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I have their blue motor mounts and they are the shit. I'll be upgrading my BMR's to these as well

Chris Cornett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Platinum Mist
    I ordered my MM last week. Figured may as well do them along with the Kooks.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    I never had anything other than OEM bushings and mounts, minus Hotchkis sways, on my V1. If you value DD, their softest, being firmer than OEM, should be fine...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.