Cruise control and other problems (also serves as an "I'm new" post) - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cruise control and other problems (also serves as an "I'm new" post) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; With respect to the O2 sensors, I mean turner off in the PCM program. The sensor remains in place for ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Cruise control and other problems (also serves as an "I'm new" post)

With respect to the O2 sensors, I mean turner off in the PCM program. The sensor remains in place for appearances.

Any of the combinations I described will not be all that loud because the stock cat back remains in place. (The stock cat-back is actually hard to be performance-wise, as it is a full 2.5 inch stainless steel system that flows quite well). At idle, if you are outside the car, the sound will have a deeper tone - almost like you've added a subwoofer but decibel level is not much higher. It will be a little louder in the cabin at full throttle but not anywhere near the sound level that aftermarket cat-back systems introduce.

Destram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Update: After a couple weeks or so of the problem being fixed and my cruise control working, the PO833 code came back on today, and my cruise control, as a result, stopped working again.

Looks like it's back to the dealership Monday for them to tell me, "Oh, well now this is the problem."

Update 2:

Hooked up the scan tool today and these are all the codes I have now:

PO171
    PO174
    PO420 (cat code I already had)
    PO833 (clutch position switch code the dealership was supposed to fix twice now)

The P0171 and P0174 indicate a lean condition on both cylinder banks, which points to the fuel system including fuel pressure from pump or through the replaceable fuel filter. See attached.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Update: After a couple weeks or so of the problem being fixed and my cruise control working, the PO833 code came back on today, and my cruise control, as a result, stopped working again.

Looks like it's back to the dealership Monday for them to tell me, "Oh, well now this is the problem."
    Hello Destram,

I am sorry you have to take your vehicle back to the dealership. I understand how having the same issue occur again can be frustrating. I hope everything goes well with your dealership visit!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    The P0171 and P0174 indicate a lean condition on both cylinder banks, which points to the fuel system including fuel pressure from pump or through the replaceable fuel filter. See attached.
    I went outside just now and checked under the hood. Where the intake connects to the throttle body was loose, so I slid it all the way back on and tightened it. I cleared the codes and rode around awhile. The PO833 code came back on, but the lean codes didn't come back on. I'm hoping that's all it was and they don't come back on. I'm sure the cat code will come back on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Destram,

I am sorry you have to take your vehicle back to the dealership. I understand how having the same issue occur again can be frustrating. I hope everything goes well with your dealership visit!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Things will be great if they honor what they told me last time I went to get this problem fixed. They said if it wasn't fixed after that time, they'd see about crediting what I paid the second time towards what it costs to fix it the third time. If they try to tell me I'm going to have to pay a third time to fix one problem, then I'm going to have a fit right there at the dealership. They should have found the problem and fixed it the first time.

It's Bentley Cadillac in Florence, AL if you want to give them a call and explain how frustrated I am with them. I'll be there tomorrow, but I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I went outside just now and checked under the hood. Where the intake connects to the throttle body was loose, so I slid it all the way back on and tightened it. I cleared the codes and rode around awhile. The PO833 code came back on, but the lean codes didn't come back on. I'm hoping that's all it was and they don't come back on. I'm sure the cat code will come back on too.

Things will be great if they honor what they told me last time I went to get this problem fixed. They said if it wasn't fixed after that time, they'd see about crediting what I paid the second time towards what it costs to fix it the third time. If they try to tell me I'm going to have to pay a third time to fix one problem, then I'm going to have a fit right there at the dealership. They should have found the problem and fixed it the first time.

It's Bentley Cadillac in Florence, AL if you want to give them a call and explain how frustrated I am with them. I'll be there tomorrow, but I'd appreciate all the help I can get.
    Hi Destram,

I hope the dealership honors what they told as well! Please private message me so we can continue to interact that way. How about you private message me after your dealership visit and we can discuss any concerns after that.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

I took it back to the dealership today, and they said there was a connector loose that wouldn't stay connected. They replaced it real quick for free, and now it all works again. Finally left the dealership with my problem fixed and it didn't cost me anything!

So now I'm back to just needing that bad cat replaced.

Well, PO171 and PO174 came back on today. I had hoped getting the intake back on right would fix it, but obviously not. Any other ideas of what would be causing this?

PS: This mobile app is nice. Makes posting on the go much easier.

Well, PO171 and PO174 came back on today. I had hoped getting the intake back on right would fix it, but obviously not. Any other ideas of what would be causing this?

PS: This mobile app is nice. Makes posting on the go much easier.
    Although it could be something else, I would assume for the moment that you have a dealer-installed vacuum leak. I also think the only thing they would have removed would have been the intake plumbing as opposed to the intake manifold itself. To completely eliminate the intake plumbing I would remove it from the throttle body to the air cleaner and install it carefully check every joint such as those at the Mass Airflow sensor all the connection to throttle body. I would check the throttle body itself and any hoses in the area (PCV-related).

I'll go back outside again tomorrow and see if anything else looks loose or messed up. I'll disconnect it at the throttle body again and everywhere and see if that fixes it this time.

I haven't had a chance to check under the hood for anything loose because it's been raining. I did order two cats today, though, so when those get in, I should be able to get the catalytic converter code fixed. It actually hasn't come back on from when the dealership cleared the codes, but I don't see why it wouldn't, so by the time the cats come in, it should be back on.

Eventually, I'll get all of the codes fixed and I'll be able to enjoy the car!

Got both of the cats replaced today. The bad cat code finally came back on before I replaced them, so I cleared the code today, and hopefully this fixed the problem. This should have fixed all of the check engine light problems I've had.

All that's left to fix is all of the passenger window switches are messed up. The front seat passenger window switch will roll the window up but not down. The back seat window switches will roll the windows down but not up. The driver switches will do all of the windows up and down. Luckily, this is covered by the service plan I got when I bought the car (minus the $100 deductible and it only covers $60/hour labor (which means if I get the dealership to fix it, I'm still coming out of pocket $30+/hr for labor)).

I'll probably let this thread die now. Thanks so much for all of the help, everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome here. This place has been more than helpful already.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.