it's getting bad. I can't control myself - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree84Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, it's getting bad. I can't control myself in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm telling ya......if you want to appreciate your V, just drive a p.o.s. (aka slow car/truck) all winter. Come spring ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: it's getting bad. I can't control myself

I'm telling ya......if you want to appreciate your V, just drive a p.o.s. (aka slow car/truck) all winter. Come spring time after a winter full of my Jeep Cherokee, the V is considerably more exciting.

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I'm telling ya......if you want to appreciate your V, just drive a p.o.s. (aka slow car/truck) all winter. Come spring time after a winter full of my Jeep Cherokee, the V is considerably more exciting.
    I really miss my Jeep Cherokee...
    D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Just found the bulletproof answer you were looking for: have a kid! Got me driving like I got grandma in the car now =) Only problem will be when he's not with me I'll have to unleash the fury.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

sir it's funny you say that, because the thought occurred to me last night--that is the one thing that would get me on the straight and narrow

but it's also the scariest thing I could imagine happening.

I'm taking my genes to the grave, it's for the good of everyone--just because there is someone out there who would help me make it happen, doesn't mean it should

I'm happy to say the speeding hasn't returned. I seem to have a renewed respect for law enforcement (took them long enough)

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

This is the weirdest thread i have ever read and I have only read the first page.

I have been on some track events and I have passed my fair share of miatas, m3's and s2k's. This car for its large size its balanced and corners well.

I just bought some LG coilovers and will install them next weekend. Im out in Long beach if you want to see them or get a ride in the car after i install them.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    It's just physics. I would use a car with less mass, to experience
    faster changes in velocity. So I wouldn't pick a CTS-V.

I get it, though. Tracking a CTS-V is decadent. Maybe I just
    don't have -that- kind of money.
    tracking a vehicle has more to do with cg, braking ability, yaw rates, rate of accel, balance of the front end pushing compared to the rear stepping out, track & wheelbase, etc.

Mass is not the end all, and to be honest mass doesnt play much of a factor at all. A gtr weighs more than a V1 and it would murder it on a track stock for stock. A 1le/gt500/zr1 all weigh more than a v or about the same and can show a v1 its tail lights on a track. with that being said a V1 would beat many many lighter cars on a track due to it being a better vehicle when it comes to its dynamic abilities.

An X5M would most likely get around most tracks faster then any of our stock vehicle, short of the heavily modded guys.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
    Kids only work so long. The other day my 3 year old daughter said "go faster Dad I don't see any police."
    She likes when we play racecar and she doesn't like when we get passed. I think she's growing up just right.

hahahaha wow.

liquidvenom, I am very weird. I think I have more than a touch of schizophrenia. I think your opinion of this thread is accurate and justified.

about mass. my roommate has a 2004 s2k with a turbo and upgraded suspension. and wheels and R compound tires. it pulls like a V, but turns like an s2k

you know those cars that turn so fast, your eyes can't keep up with the road? it's like that. in fact I think it's way too fast, and he took it too far with power and suspension. it has a full interior, with the convertible top still in use--I take it as proof it's just easier and cheaper to start with a lighter car. he got it for 15k, and put another 5k into the turbo and accessories after shopping around.

(in fact the suspension came with the turbo kit, which were both installed on a lease vehicle. the person selling the turbo needed stock suspension and did a swap for free)

but I like what a V says about the driver: they know how to handle responsibility, and do it well. (...is my opinion.)

but it's -so- not a coupe

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

my roommate has a 2004 s2k with a turbo and upgraded suspension. and wheels and R compound tires. it pulls like a V, but turns like an s2k
    No, it turns like an upgraded S2K.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

hahahaha wow.

liquidvenom, I am very weird. I think I have more than a touch of schizophrenia. I think your opinion of this thread is accurate and justified.

about mass. my roommate has a 2004 s2k with a turbo and upgraded suspension. and wheels and R compound tires. it pulls like a V, but turns like an s2k

you know those cars that turn so fast, your eyes can't keep up with the road? it's like that. in fact I think it's way too fast, and he took it too far with power and suspension. it has a full interior, with the convertible top still in use--I take it as proof it's just easier and cheaper to start with a lighter car. he got it for 15k, and put another 5k into the turbo and accessories after shopping around.

(in fact the suspension came with the turbo kit, which were both installed on a lease vehicle. the person selling the turbo needed stock suspension and did a swap for free)

but I like what a V says about the driver: they know how to handle responsibility, and do it well. (...is my opinion.)

but it's -so- not a coupe
    For as twitchy a short wheel base vehicle like a s2k is boost on a road course would be a handful depending on how it comes on. But that car is nothing about mass as he has more power, suspension and r compound tires. A stock evo on r compounds would prob work that car on any techinical tracks. Those cars never really had great brakes if i recall and i see he didnt update those.

its easier to start with a cheaper car that is a good foundation. People buy 5k rx7's or c5 vettes and slaughter race tracks. A guy on here bought a cts-v that was damaged and he boosted it and road raced the crap out of that thing and was fast like you couldnt imagine for the amount he spent.

just being a coupe doesnt make you fast at anything. and my v shows nothing about responsibility. its a noisy car. If i pull off the caddy badges its just a quick-ish chevy.

:-D

the boost has damaged the special coating on the cylinder walls, so what started as a head upgrade is now a block re..conditioning? but it gets track time, and your offer to take me around a track (I think?) is very generous... I will be sure to post when my friends plan another track day. It would be nice to get some people together for another day at Fontana (auto club). (burgers and cokes, and lawn chairs? it's kinda nice).

he attended one today, but I didn't know about it until just now.

I haven't brought the V (my only car), but the guys who did were willing to swap cars for some laps. (the type of track days with two instructional lessions and one or two solo-driving runs). Maybe everyone present will get a chance to know what the other cars feel like.

I'm usually the driver of the(his) RV. and I don't want the creases at the sunroof getting worse.

your mention of them reminded me the brakes have been upgraded. (that tire is flat)

it could be I just don't know what I don't know. I haven't been in a modified Chevy since my group of friend's fourth-gen F-body days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.