Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Shifter Bezel

WarrenMRogers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Shifter Bezel

Well I did my best to search and can't find any answers. I need a new bezel that the shifter boot hooks into. The clips were broken and now it just sits loosely in the console there and it moves around when I shift. The best I can find online is the boot, bezel and knob for like $250. I just need that little plastic square everything else is fine. Hopefully this is possible and doesn't cost a fortune?

Re: Shifter Bezel

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMRogers View Post
    Well I did my best to search and can't find any answers. I need a new bezel that the shifter boot hooks into. The clips were broken and now it just sits loosely in the console there and it moves around when I shift. The best I can find online is the boot, bezel and knob for like $250. I just need that little plastic square everything else is fine. Hopefully this is possible and doesn't cost a fortune?
    Unfortunately, that's your only bet, unless you want to buy used (none available on eBay, presently).

Dang. I don't suppose I can buy an aftermarket shifter that comes with a new bezel? If I have to buy the whole kit, I might as well go for an upgrayedd

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMRogers View Post
    Dang. I don't suppose I can buy an aftermarket shifter that comes with a new bezel? If I have to buy the whole kit, I might as well go for an upgrayedd
    I think you know as well as I do that the aftermarket shifters just include the stalk and not the boot or the knob.

null

if only the tabs are broken off, a good double sided tape will do the trick. cya.

Yes, that's the case. It's a little worn also and, silly me, I thought perhaps the plastic would be a cheap and easy replacement part. Looks like I might have to do the double sided tape and plastidip route. I don't know if the tape will be strong enough to hold up to the shifting though. I may try to glue some sort or replacement tabs on.

http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html

something like that product would work perfectly. It's what body shops use to hold on moldings/panels and IIRC, spoilers.

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and...ment-tape.html

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Lindsay has them cheaper then the $250. Call up Luke.

I will just to see the price, I still need to order the defroster grill piece for the upper dash anyway. I'll look into the auto tape. I'm making a trip to Menard's after work so we'll see what I can find.