Shifter Bezel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Shifter Bezel in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well I did my best to search and can't find any answers. I need a new bezel that the shifter ...
    WarrenMRogers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Shifter Bezel

Well I did my best to search and can't find any answers. I need a new bezel that the shifter boot hooks into. The clips were broken and now it just sits loosely in the console there and it moves around when I shift. The best I can find online is the boot, bezel and knob for like $250. I just need that little plastic square everything else is fine. Hopefully this is possible and doesn't cost a fortune?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: Shifter Bezel

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMRogers View Post
    Well I did my best to search and can't find any answers. I need a new bezel that the shifter boot hooks into. The clips were broken and now it just sits loosely in the console there and it moves around when I shift. The best I can find online is the boot, bezel and knob for like $250. I just need that little plastic square everything else is fine. Hopefully this is possible and doesn't cost a fortune?
    Unfortunately, that's your only bet, unless you want to buy used (none available on eBay, presently).

Dang. I don't suppose I can buy an aftermarket shifter that comes with a new bezel? If I have to buy the whole kit, I might as well go for an upgrayedd

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMRogers View Post
    Dang. I don't suppose I can buy an aftermarket shifter that comes with a new bezel? If I have to buy the whole kit, I might as well go for an upgrayedd
    I think you know as well as I do that the aftermarket shifters just include the stalk and not the boot or the knob.

null

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

if only the tabs are broken off, a good double sided tape will do the trick. cya.

Yes, that's the case. It's a little worn also and, silly me, I thought perhaps the plastic would be a cheap and easy replacement part. Looks like I might have to do the double sided tape and plastidip route. I don't know if the tape will be strong enough to hold up to the shifting though. I may try to glue some sort or replacement tabs on.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html

something like that product would work perfectly. It's what body shops use to hold on moldings/panels and IIRC, spoilers.

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and...ment-tape.html

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Lindsay has them cheaper then the $250. Call up Luke.

I will just to see the price, I still need to order the defroster grill piece for the upper dash anyway. I'll look into the auto tape. I'm making a trip to Menard's after work so we'll see what I can find.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.