5 Lug Spacers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By AAIIIC
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 5 Lug Spacers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Does anyone here have on 5 lug spacers for there CTS V? I hit a curb last week (Yes doing ...
    Cloud9nine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V 2005

5 Lug Spacers

Does anyone here have on 5 lug spacers for there CTS V? I hit a curb last week (Yes doing something I had no business doing and whamm
    $2500.00 dollar mistake, 2 rims, and two new wheel hubs + allignment.

So... I just got two new rims. Grand total on REFURBISHED rims where around $900.00 for two. RIDICULAS!!! I was thinking of going with5 lug spacers, and just buying 4 new rims but don't know what it would look like, and I needed a quick fix because I'm moving 3 states away next week. So buying refurbished was the quickest fix, but expensive.

Just wondering if anybody has the 5 lug set up, any clearance issues for a 18" rim, and how they ride on vehicle. Add pics if you have
    any to this thread or any info you can share would be welcomed.

Modifications include my lead foot and the uncontrollable desire to drive fast all the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: 5 Lug Spacers

Are you in the right forum? We have 6-lug wheels on the '04-07 CTS-Vs, which makes it awfully hard to install 5-lug spacers.
    Bill Rubeck and Bill Rubeck like this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

LOL yes im in the correct forum. That is my question. They have spacers that convert the 6 lug to 5 lug.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

lol no it's certainly not just spacers. There's some full install threads on here if you dig - you have to convert to corvette hubs and rotors, unless you want to try re-drilling 5 new holes on your existing rotors, which has been done before. It's not cheap but it does open up all kinds of options for wheels.

Also not to make you feel bad at this time but on the forums and ebay you can easily find rims for $300 or less. One was just offered up for $80 + shipping.

Bill Rubeck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Wheel spacers/lug adapters tend to be thick (2 inches?). So with our offset, plus the cost, it seems very unlikely to find a good combo to work on a v1. Also, as a working auto tech, I have seen alot of nightmares started because of spacers/adapters. Just my opinion...But I have looked in to the options.

Sounds like biting off more than I can chew even thinking about adapting.

ImEpayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Cloud, literally did the EXACT same thing a couple weeks ago in my V. smacked a curb. $2,200.... they wanted $910 for one rim.... I found a set of custom painted STS-V rims at a salvage yard for $750... WITH TIRES. but not sure if I want to go through the trouble of getting spacers and longer lugnut bolts. SOrry I can't help ya with the spacer... Glad to hear others driving these like they stole them!

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

I think it would be cost effective if you already had to buy some hubs and wheels... I kind of figured that selling off your stock wheels would pay for the conversion, then you just needed new wheels (which should be cheaper bing 5 lug) so if you already need hubs... it may work out better.

it is actually a fairly simple swap when you read up about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.