Chevrolet's new SS what do you think/know so far? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Chevrolet's new SS what do you think/know so far? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; It seems as though very few people want manuals these days... And car makers build cars for the masses. Oh ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    It seems as though very few people want manuals these days... And car makers build cars for the masses. Oh well, our opinions here aren't gonna change anything. I would prefer a manual as well. I love banging through the gears.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Chevrolet's new SS what do you think/know so far?

The rear of that buick looks a lot like an ATS to me, especially around the top of the trunk lid ... and where's its 3rd brake light (CHMSL)?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

It seems like the gn/gnx could greatly impact sales on the atsv. I'm very interested to see how they differentiate them.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

That buick is ****ing stunning. It looks like a much more natural evolution of the V1 than the fugly-ass V2 ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    While we are at it....Grand National, GNX and T-Type Are Returning to Buick

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/gran...-to-buick.html

Mn800r and Mn800r like this.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Well the article says it is built on the ATS platform and it will be rear wheel drive. I expect a lot of sales will be taken from the ford fusion and BMW 3 series and cars like that. Cadillacs are still "old people cars' to most people. People at my work are still shocked that my Cadillac has a 6 speed. Buick isn't much better but the one thing it does have going for it is... The old GNX was in a fast n furious movie a while back. Younger "car enthusiasts" have a raging hard on for that movie series.

ls6v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I'm still hoping they decide to use a manual...
    I hope they are doing like they did with the G8, auto at first and a possibly hotter manual model later like the G8 GXP. Would be nice to see the manual rwd platform stay competitive. My manual trans in my car is my 'wife' deterrent device..
    carlson_mn and carlson_mn like this.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Well the article says it is built on the ATS platform and it will be rear wheel drive. I expect a lot of sales will be taken from the ford fusion and BMW 3 series and cars like that. Cadillacs are still "old people cars' to most people. People at my work are still shocked that my Cadillac has a 6 speed. Buick isn't much better but the one thing it does have going for it is... The old GNX was in a fast n furious movie a while back. Younger "car enthusiasts" have a raging hard on for that movie series.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.