Anyone ever try this approach to their audio setup?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By kciaccio
  • 2 Post By WesH8398
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone ever try this approach to their audio setup? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; After dicking around with my PA15-Vette some more and not having it work, I started cursing the factory setup. Here's ...
    DarkCharisma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade

Anyone ever try this approach to their audio setup?

After dicking around with my PA15-Vette some more and not having it work, I started cursing the factory setup. Here's what I am thinking:
    • Single DIN in the glovebox.
    • USB cable run to my Kindle Fire HD, with a in-car mount.
    • Remove factory Bose entirely, replace with aftermarket components.
    • Leave factory head unit in the same location, unmodified, for a "stealth" look. It would appear totally stock, sans having the Fire mount where the 6-disc would be.
    I did a bunch of searching, and while I found lots of carputers and tablets in various other cars, nothing really about the V that keeps the factory unit. The only real downside to this that I can see is losing some glovebox space, which sucks already.

I have a nice modern single DIN unit with all the bells and whistles (BT, XM/Sirius, FM-HD, etc) that's gathering dust in my MR2 Spyder. I already use my Fire for mobile media, and it does an awesome job at that; it'd be a bit bigger than the other screen but a TON clearer, and have WAY more options--including being able to hotspot with my 4G phone and stream all sorts of media that'd otherwise be unavailable.

Thoughts? Potential complications? Suggestions?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Go for it! I use my Nexus 7 in my Town Car. Not to take over audio, but with Wi-Fi always with me, I could do that, too...

kciaccio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Anyone ever try this approach to their audio setup?

silentwig and silentwig like this.

silentwig is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

yeah heavymetals should be interesting. I like the idea, but I don't want to commit yet. If his prototype is stout for my tastes, Ill probably jump on the band wagon.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

How come the PA15-VETTE didn't work?
    carlson_mn and carlson_mn like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.