Whoooopsie
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Whoooopsie in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Do you ever have those moments of extreme retardation? When you aren't paying attention or have a lapse in judgement. ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Whoooopsie

Do you ever have those moments of extreme retardation? When you aren't paying attention or have a lapse in judgement.

The other day I was running errands with my girlfriend. Doing wedding stuff and what not. I was parked in a spot and was arguing with the old lady. My trusty sandals slipped off the clutch when I reached for something in the back seat. I was still sitting in 1st. Well I basically sidestepped the clutch. And instead of the engine dying the tires spun and the car lurched forward. It was damn funny seeing my girlfriends face. I was lucky there wasn't a car in the lane in front of me cuz the V jumped out of the parking spot. My girl was PISSED. I couldn't stop laughing.

Everyone has to have one or 2 of these moments. I started, lets share. This ought to be good for a few laughs. Afterall, if you can't laugh at yourself from time to time you shouldn't laugh at anyone else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Whoooopsie

I agree that laughing when the girl friend is pissed is a major lapse of judgement.

joeybutts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Was working on the Mustang in the garage and forget what I was checking/doing, but i got in the car and was sitting there looking at something. I for some reason didn't have it in gear or the e-brake engged. car rolled right into the garage door. Luckily just two little scracches, but wasn't happy at the time.

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

How about the accidental shift from 5th into 3rd instead of 6th while getting on it? Oh snap!!

1crock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I agree that laughing when the girl friend is pissed is a major lapse of judgement.
    I thought he was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    I was running errands with my girlfriend. Doing wedding stuff and what not.

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Car related? Where to begin:

- Didn't pull the one of the lift arms out from under the car and drove over it (did this twice, actually)
    - Once was sitting in a parking spot, in gear, clutch in in my Jeep, then decided to just take my foot off the clutch.
    - Once was going way too fast and tried to make a turn and slid into a grassy median in my Monte Carlo (girl in car: not impressed)
    - Went across the grass at Adenauer at the Nurburgring (girlfriend in the car: didn't care).
    - Drove over a ramp and shot it under the into the closed garage door in the Monte Carlo.
    - Many more I can't even think of right now.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Laughing when she's pissed? Better hide the super glue.

Quote Originally Posted by soulja View Post
    How about the accidental shift from 5th into 3rd instead of 6th while getting on it? Oh snap!!
    StealthV (Rick) did this on a snowy/wet road and rolled his V. He and his wife were okay, but the car ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Was taking my Miata out of winter storage. Had it in first gear all winter, instead of having the parking brake on - the exact opposite of how I normally park a car. I started it up, and when I took the clutch out I forgot it was in gear, it lurched forward into a metal stool. $400 of bumper painting later I still felt stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Laughing when she's pissed? Better hide the super glue.

StealthV (Rick) did this on a snowy/wet road and rolled his V. He and his wife were okay, but the car ...
    Yeah man, it's crazy how easy it is to do by accident. I did it once getting onto the freeway, heart almost jumped out my chest. Hit the clutch pedal immediately when I felt the back end start letting go.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

LOL Keep em coming guys this. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has momentary out of body experiences lol

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    3rd and 6th are on opposite ends of shift board 0_0....i never accidently did this , maybe 5th to 4th or 6th to third when down shifting

Quote Originally Posted by 06BlackV View Post
    3rd and 6th are on opposite ends of shift board 0_0....i never accidently did this , maybe 5th to 4th or 6th to third when down shifting
    You are right. I meant shifting from 4th into 3rd instead of 5th.

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    You are right. I meant shifting from 4th into 3rd instead of 5th.
    Its all good brotha

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Old thread I know but I've got a very fitting and embarrassing story.

Took my car to the car wash a couple days ago. When they waved me over I tipped em, grabbed the keys, got halfway in my car (which I do sometimes since I injured my back), started the car with my right foot on the clutch and started it up. Now, normally I have the e-brake on and car in neutral at this point so naturally I took my foot off the clutch. Whoops! Crash! Rear end the lady in front of me. Luckily neither of us could find so much as a scratch. Phew. I felt like an idiot!

Needless to say, I probably won't be getting my car washed there anymore. Haha.

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I backed up to a project car (custom 70 VW Beetle), about to tow it to get painted - hopped in and, since I normally back out of the driveway, I threw it in R and hit the gas. Luckily, I didn't really plow into it, so it was a cheap mistake... here's the car after it was finished

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.