Whoooopsie - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Whoooopsie in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I did this on my bike once, stopped at a gas station for a little break, got back on and ...
    DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Re: Whoooopsie

I did this on my bike once, stopped at a gas station for a little break, got back on and started it up, then decided I needed to adjust my helmet or glove or something. Took my hand off the clutch but it was in gear and the handlebars were turned so when it lurched forward I was already letting go, my hands came off the bars and before I could grab them again the bike had leaned too far over and I dropped it. Worst part was there was a pretty good crowd there at the time and they all enjoyed a good laugh at my expense.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

I met up with another V owner to let him borrow my Motive bleeder. I don't know why I didn't turn off my V ...I guess I wasn't planning to stay long since I was on my way home for dinner and he had his wife and kid(s) with him. Well, he asks me how it works and which cap worked for each brake and clutch. So, since the windows were open, I reached in and I popped the hood to show him and double check myself but I didn't pop the hood, I released the ebrake ...immediately my V shoots backwards down the parking lot and we both are running after it. Must have been funny to be watching 2 guys chasing a running car that is swiftly getting away... thankfully we cought up to it, got behind and slowed it down without it running us over.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Don't think Urby had his V long before he did this. I believe he was driving it home from the dealer.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/cts/ct...0813_001.shtml

----------

More details:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...otics-com.html

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Not to many people can say that they have crashed their snap on tool box and totaled it this was also with a mail carrier car involved. A very expensive story......

Also picture this with these descriptive words and you will see where I am going with this:

Nightime, girl in the car, 600 RWP (on motor only) camaro drag car, stoplight in front of friends work, Lots of friends sitting in work parking lot, 2 Step, Nitrous on........... This was not the brightest moment of mine. I am lucky that woman married me after all she has put up with lol

ranger2525 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v,2003 escalade,2000 corvette conv. 1996 harley, 20

Put in my new radio. Placed the dic/nav in my trunk. Figured I could sell it for some$$$$. Needed to get my golf clubs in my trunk. Took the dic/ nav screen out and set it on the ground. Put golf clubs in. Threw my shoes in from the side. Closed trunk. Heard a very disturbing sound as I backed out......

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Washed the V and then left the bucket behind the car. I was putting everything away and got distracted and forgot completely about the bucket. I backed out and heard a crunch and realized The bucket was stuck under the car. It was a nice bucket, the 5 gallon one from Chemical guys with the screw on lid. Destroyed the bucket, crunched under the rear diff, but luckily no damage to the V.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    When my car was on stands for six weeks waiting for parts during my rear end conversion I did the brakes as well... After the wait was over I was so excited to drive my car again I backed it off my ramps and had forgotten to get the brake pedal back from compressing the pistons... I backed into a shelf in my garage causing some cosmetic damage... Definite retard moment

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidmarcx View Post
    When my car was on stands for six weeks waiting for parts during my rear end conversion I did the brakes as well... After the wait was over I was so excited to drive my car again I backed it off my ramps and had forgotten to get the brake pedal back from compressing the pistons... I backed into a shelf in my garage causing some cosmetic damage... Definite retard moment
    Omg memory from my old S-10... Did the front brakes on it one day and being the normal teenager I knew everything... Forgot to pump up the brakes went to back out of the garage and couldn't stop. Went all the way into the street frantically pumping the brakes... Stopped about 3 feet short of the curb opposite the house. Luckily no one was walking around in front of my house. My truck had a 6/5 suspension drop at the time. All I could think of was SAVE THE ROLL PAN I JUST GOT IT PAINTED!!!

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Omg memory from my old S-10... Did the front brakes on it one day and being the normal teenager I knew everything... Forgot to pump up the brakes went to back out of the garage and couldn't stop. Went all the way into the street frantically pumping the brakes... Stopped about 3 feet short of the curb opposite the house. Luckily no one was walking around in front of my house. My truck had a 6/5 suspension drop at the time. All I could think of was SAVE THE ROLL PAN I JUST GOT IT PAINTED!!!
    LOL damn...

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    I'm not sure if this counts as a whoopsie but heres my newest oops.

After taking my bumper off to VHT the fogs, sides, and headlights I may not have gotten the brake cooler hoses back on all the way and might have missed one or two of the pins you put in for the wheel well plastics. Well today when I got on it a bit (got above 100 on the freeway) something came loose, got lodged in my wheel well, and got shredded (exploded) on the freeway. I now no longer have any plastic in my drivers side wheel well and no longer have that big brake cooler tube in there. :-/ Kinda bummed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm trying to decide how important those pieces are and how quickly I'm going to need to replace them. Thanks.

Brackets is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V
    Yah I think that's more like a Doh! than a whoopsie.

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

was out camping and took me & my 14 yr old daughter to run to the store for supplies & a bottle of Jager for that night. Coming back it started sprinkling & kid was holding the Jager on the ground with her feet & I was making a 90 degree turn to get onto a on ramp and goosed it a little too much. Ass end slid out, I couldn't correct it, she screamed and ended up kissing the guardrail with the bumper - only cosmetic but just had it repainted < 1 yr previous. Oh yeah, the point about the Jager was that she ended up having a bruise on her leg from the bottle. Fun story for her to tell at Highschool.

Another one - had the car parked with it in reverse. Started it up and then just decided to let go of the clutch. Car lurched then stalled.

Last one - not the V - was driving a rental SUV and was cutting through a parking lot to get some drive through food. Didn't notice the curb that stuck out and rolled right over it. Didn't seem like any damage, but the family had a good chuckle at my expense.

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I totalled my washing machine that was in the garage after "not" taking the V out of first gear and dropping the clutch, right foot on clutch hanging half way out of the car for whatever stupid reason. Insurance bought me a nice new front bumper though.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I've got all sorts of stories of "Doh!" moments. To me, accidentally stalling the car while you're in a parking space because you release the clutch doesn't count - anyone who has ever driven stick is bound to do that eventually (right?). A couple of my better ones...

(1) Years ago (2003/2004?), while I was stationed out in HI the Subaru dealer sponsored an SCCA Regional Club Race at Hawaii Raceway Park. As part of the deal, 10 of us Subie guys got 20min of free track time during lunch to do some lapping. So, I swapped the track pads on, bled the brakes, put my track wheels on the car (I lived about 5 or 6mi from the track), and cleaned up all the tools before heading to the track. Hmmmm, where the hell did that little 5/16" brake bleeder wrench go? Ah well, I'm always making tools disappear, I'm sure it's around here somewhere!

Went to the track, did my 20min of lapping, came back home and jacked the car up to put the street wheels back on. Pulled off the left rear wheel and there was the 5/16" wrench, still sitting on the bleeder screw where I had left it! Thankfully it hadn't moved at all - if that wrench had wriggled around at all, the wheel spokes might very well have caught it and snapped the bleeder screw right off!

(2) More recently... I took the Subaru to a track event a few weekends ago. During the event I burned up the rear pads to metal-to-metal. No problem, in anticipation of that I had bought a spare set of pads at Pep Boys the night before. So, I went to swap the pads in the paddock only to discover they had given me the wrong ones. Newman! I rode with my instructor friend for his last session, then packed up the car for the trip home.

I figured I didn't want to drive ~250mi with the brakes grinding away every time I touched the pedal, so I hit Pep Boys and got the correct pads before I left town. Swapped out the driver side pads in the parking lot (passenger side still had a bit of meat left, so in the interest of time I didn't do those) and made the trip home without issue. Went to do the passenger side a couple days later and couldn't find my locking lug nut key. Grrrr.... On a couple of occasions I've nearly driven off with the key still on one of the lug nuts, but I had always caught myself. Apparently, this time I didn't.

So, ordered a new key, got it in, swapped the pads and installed my summer wheels/tires while I was at it. Drove ~5mi down the road to a gas station to air up the summer tires and what do I find on one of the lug nuts? You guessed it, the new lug nut key that I just paid $40 for! Doh!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.