New CTS-V Owner --> on the Autobahn in Germany. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New CTS-V Owner --> on the Autobahn in Germany. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; A mail order tune or HPtuners should be able to remove the top speed limit. Just check the tire rating ...
    odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: New CTS-V Owner --> on the Autobahn in Germany.

A mail order tune or HPtuners should be able to remove the top speed limit. Just check the tire rating to make sure those tires on it will take over 149.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Silencertk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V V1

That's an interesting find - with the whole map disc thingy. Doesnt really help us, but nevertheless - interesting.

It was awesome meeting you guys and I hope to have you guys down here again or us coming up your way. Here are my two visual impressions caught on (cell phone) Camera

Pewterta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Good Evening, I just found this thread while using Google. I currently have a job offer to Wiesbaden Germany and am debating on bringing my 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with me. I am currently worried about the weather especially salt (may not be a problem if there are car washing facilities there). My windows are also tinted to include the tail lights and customized rims. I also see in the pictures that you have front license plates. Did they have to drill the holes or is tha some sort of kit? Front license plates aren't a requirement here in Oklahoma. Is there a Cadillac dealership in Germany that would honor the waranty if need be? I also saw you discussing the navigation. Should I order the German version from Cadillac or just plan on buying a Garmin or something? If you have any other recomendations, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance! If there is a different forum you would recommend, please let me know and I will head that way.

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Pewterta View Post
    Good Evening, I just found this thread while using Google. I currently have a job offer to Wiesbaden Germany and am debating on bringing my 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with me.
    Brilliant. Will you be working for the US military at the air field, or will you be working on the German economy? Bring the car. There's no where else in the world you'll be able to legally run the car flat-out or take it to the Nordschleife. Driving here overall is excellent, German drivers are fantastic.

I am currently worried about the weather especially salt (may not be a problem if there are car washing facilities there). My windows are also tinted to include the tail lights and customized rims.
    Salt in this region isn't a problem. It doesn't snow much here (I live in Mainz, which is just across the river from Wiesbaden), this part of the country has very mild weather. In Bavaria and other parts of the country it is much snowier. Either way Germany requires you to have either A/S or Winter tires in the winter, so if you're used to running summers all year, you'll need to buy another set. You will almost certainly need to remove all of your tint. The lights will need to be replaced to stock, too. The rims are likely to be OK, but I'd put the stock wheels on for inspection at the very least. If you're with the military you're inspection will be easier, even though technically you're required to meet the same standards as all Germans.

I also see in the pictures that you have front license plates. Did they have to drill the holes or is tha some sort of kit? Front license plates aren't a requirement here in Oklahoma.
    You need a front plate. I already had holes drilled in my car so it didn't matter. My Saturn has a front plate that is stuck on with double-sided foam tape. Holds fine, if you don't want to drill holes (why would you); that's the way to go.

Is there a Cadillac dealership in Germany that would honor the waranty if need be? I also saw you discussing the navigation. Should I order the German version from Cadillac or just plan on buying a Garmin or something? If you have any other recomendations, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance! If there is a different forum you would recommend, please let me know and I will head that way.
    There are Cadillac/Opel dealers for service, but I don't know the warranty procedure (both of my cars are out of warranty). At the worst, you would have to pay for the service out of pocket and then get the costs reimbursed through GM NA. Just be grateful you don't own a Toyota/Honda (why would you?) because any cars from them that are shipped out of NA have their warranties immediately voided.

Neither myself of Silencertk were able to get the navigation systems in our cars to work. Your system is totally different from ours, so it's plausible it might work. I just use a Garmin Nuvi; it's much better than any factory system, IMO, including the one in my buddies brand new M3 or the one in my dad's 2010 CTS Premium.

Pewterta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Thank you so much for the information! I will look into seeing what the cost is to replace my tail lights and buy new rims. I bought the car new from the dealership and they had already did the customization to the car. As for the front license plate, I've seen a couple of mods where they use the tow hook location to mount the license plate (I may try that option as well).

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
    Yes, I'd love to. I'm happy to meet up any time...I drive the V all year, though it might be better to meet up while Silencertk still has his car out. It's too bad mberisha moved back to the US, or we could have had a photo with 3 V1's with German registration all next to each other. Surely would have been the largest collection of V1's in all of Germany.

----------

I'll send you a text later today, I've been busy all week. What day is the meet up? I'd like to head down there, but I'm not sure what my weekend plans are yet...
    You ain't kidding.....would be a sic pic with all three of our Vs....

Especially all 3 of us getting cue'd up at the 'Ring....

----------

Good Evening, I just found this thread while using Google. I currently have a job offer to Wiesbaden Germany and am debating on bringing my 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with me. I am currently worried about the weather especially salt (may not be a problem if there are car washing facilities there). My windows are also tinted to include the tail lights and customized rims. I also see in the pictures that you have front license plates. Did they have to drill the holes or is tha some sort of kit? Front license plates aren't a requirement here in Oklahoma. Is there a Cadillac dealership in Germany that would honor the waranty if need be? I also saw you discussing the navigation. Should I order the German version from Cadillac or just plan on buying a Garmin or something? If you have any other recomendations, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance! If there is a different forum you would recommend, please let me know and I will head that way.
    The inspection will only ding you and not certify the car if the front windows have ANY percentage of tint on them....back windows are fine. What I did is have the tint scraped...and than re-tinted after the inspection. You'll be required to get your V inspected every two years.

Have a blast over there with your V....and take your V to the 'Ring as MUCH AS YOU CAN!!!! Trust me....once you get back to the states...you'll regret any chance you gave up to get on that track!

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Good lookin rides! Welcome to the V community, if you had HP tuners I could have raised your limiter but it sounds like you've got that covered! Replace the Diff bushings as a start for the clunk in the rear, motor mounts and tranny mounts are also good investment. I'm running all revshift and love them but a lot of other guys go to creative steel although lately I've been reading a lot of threads with their failures.

https://www.revshift.com/shop/cts-v.php

https://www.creative-steel.com/store/

For the NAV ditch it and go aftermarket!

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

I only briefly spent time in Germany (2 weeks) during military travel, but if you can get that job you should take it. Even if you have to or choose to sell your V. The ability to live in Europe on the company's dime and enjoy another part of the world... def do it. Germany is the best place in Europe. Like others said the drivers there are amazing, the way I wish everyone here in the US would drive. On the 'Bahn they will come up behind you, move over to the right lane, flash at you, then once you move over they pass you and immediately move back over to a right lane. Only got surprised like that by the real fast cars once or twice but they are very good with etiquette.
    mstrjon32 and mstrjon32 like this.

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Ultimately I suspect that I will sell all of my toys and find a job that allows me to remain in Germany. Living here is worth way more than a couple fast cars.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

^^^^what? Sell all your toys....did you drink too much "gluhwein" at the Heildeberg Christmas Market?!

Silencertk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V V1

He's just playing. He's not going to sell his V. Partially because no one in Germany wants to buy gas for a 6.0 V8 hahahahaha.

BTW I found and fixed the "clunk" noise I encountered during hard acceleration. One of the motor mounts - did not have a nut on the other end of the stud thats attached to the rubber mount. So under hard acceleration the engine moves and lifts up out of the mount "arm" and then "clunks" back down into it.

After some hard fun run and burnouts there was suddenly no clunk anymore. But my car was noticably louder. Upon inspection I noticed the intake piping had came loose from the air box. And I was not able to reattach it - it was to short. So upon further inspection I noticed that my engine was slightly tilted - driver side up. After putting it on the lift - the problem was clear. The engine had lifted up out of the mount arm and did not fall back down into it.

So pushed the mount back in place with a prybar and then put a nut with some loctite on the other end of it. BTW its a bitch to get work done down there....

#engine clunk cts-v

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.