Dash Kits - Please help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Dash Kits - Please help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Morning, I want to thank everyone for thier help over the past weeks. I am still debating to buy a ...
    RobsV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dash Kits - Please help

Morning,

I want to thank everyone for thier help over the past weeks. I am still debating to buy a CTS-V. I have a question, does anyone make a NICE carbon fiber interior kit? Not the kind you stick on, but the kind you replace? I know they are pricey, but I just can't buy the car with its interior.

Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BBV
    BBV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTSV

Re: Dash Kits - Please help

Quote Originally Posted by RobsV
    Morning,

I want to thank everyone for thier help over the past weeks. I am still debating to buy a CTS-V. I have a question, does anyone make a NICE carbon fiber interior kit? Not the kind you stick on, but the kind you replace? I know they are pricey, but I just can't buy the car with its interior.

Thanks everyone.
    Sorry I can’t help with the aftermarket trim pieces but I have to ask…..
    What is so wrong with the interior?

I have owned BMW’s which are suppose to be the benchmark of interior appointments and I just don’t see the “problem” with the CTS-V interior.

The switch gear is well placed, functionally intuitive and offers great tactile feedback.
    The Instrument panel with it’s diamond pattern offers zero glare.
    The instrument cluster is….well… BMW-ish. Simple layout, clear and easy to read.

OK, maybe there are too many different grain patterns in the cabin but adding another, IE: fake "carbon fiber" or phony “brushed aluminum” is only going to add to the confusion.

Personally I spend the vast majority of my time behind the wheel looking through the windows and the mirrors, enjoying my new ultimate driving machine, rather than focusing on the grain pattern of the radio bezel and how well it harmonizes with the shifter bezel.

My 2 cents……
    Buy the CTS-V and enjoy it for it’s very long list of hits and leave it to the unfortunate ones who don’t have one to fret over the short list of minor misses.

BeagleBrains is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe

Articulate, disregarding the 'supposed' spelling. Indeed, I would buy a shoe box with the CTS V underpinnings. I redid my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a dash kit of burled walnut finish. It isn't much faster, but it is esthetically pleasing, and, it's mine. The V is an ergonomic engineering success, indeed! However, I tweak the appearance and performance of every vehicle I have ever purchased. The exciting thing is that the CTS V has attracted the attention of a bunch of aftermarket manufacturers. We can make our V's appearance very personal. Happy Holidays.

BBV
    BBV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen P.
    Articulate, disregarding the 'supposed' spelling. Indeed, I would buy a shoe box with the CTS V underpinnings. I redid my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a dash kit of burled walnut finish. It isn't much faster, but it is esthetically pleasing, and, it's mine. The V is an ergonomic engineering success, indeed! However, I tweak the appearance and performance of every vehicle I have ever purchased. The exciting thing is that the CTS V has attracted the attention of a bunch of aftermarket manufacturers. We can make our V's appearance very personal. Happy Holidays.
    You are correct. My spelling sucks, grammar too. Always has, always will.

I’m not knocking anyone’s desire to customize / personalize their ride.

I’m questioning RobsV’s thought process in eliminating a great car from his buy list for the fact that some of the interior injection molded plastic bits may not have been produced with his desired texture.
    I just can't buy the car with its interior
    Best of luck with your final decision RobsV

RobsV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

THank you for your replies.

I like the car, but I drive an S-Class, and was looking at the '05 Audi A8. The interior has me sold. AND yes, they are two different kind of cars, and one is 25K more, which makes my dicision even more difficult.

I was looking for replacement parts, not the "stick on" carbon fiber parts.

My friend and I took one for an extended test drive. The car is smooth and surprisingly quite at 105 - continued to pull hard too.

I just can't go from plush interior to plastic. I even thought about taking it to my custom upholstry guy for have the interior redone with suede and leather.

5150CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

RobsV,

If you are shopping in the $75k+ market and currently drive an S, I would encourage you to buy an E55. The E55 will stomp a V in any driving situation other than a track with many turns and few straight-aways.

The V is without question the best sedan I have ever owned, but it isn't in the same class as cars in the $75k range which WILL have the quality interior you seem to be looking for.

Of course, if you have too much cash on your hands, a Mallett CTS-V would be pretty cool and would seriously irritate an E55 owner if you were very selective with the badging!

BeagleBrains is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by BBV
    You are correct. My spelling sucks, grammar too. Always has, always will.

I’m not knocking anyone’s desire to customize / personalize their ride.

I’m questioning RobsV’s thought process in eliminating a great car from his buy list for the fact that some of the interior injection molded plastic bits may not have been produced with his desired texture.

Best of luck with your final decision RobsV
    Quite correct. Thanks for your generous response. T'would be a real shame to miss experiencing the 'V. It is probably the most satisfying car I have ever owned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.