Impressed with the pulling power of our reverse gear.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Impressed with the pulling power of our reverse gear..... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; But don't be impressed that I ripped off my front plastic air difusor! haha Pulled to close to a cement ...
    oceanhut is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Impressed with the pulling power of our reverse gear.....

But don't be impressed that I ripped off my front plastic air difusor! haha

Pulled to close to a cement parking barrier thing (I think we've all been there). As I reversed, (not giving any gas, just using the clutch) I pulled easily out of the spot and thought that I heard an airplane flying close overhead. When I tried to move forward: CLUNK!
    Got out to notice that the noise I heard was not from an airplane but the cement parking barrier than I had dragged roughly 15 feet!! Shit. I was impressed with the pulling power of reverse in idle, because I could BARELY move the damn thing out of the way by myself.

Bottom line, no damage. I just need to pick up the new rubber difusor

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Impressed with the pulling power of our reverse gear.....

Rick may have done the same thing, and was able to pop it back in place. I guess it depends whether it gets popped out of place or torn off and torn up.....

I wonder if several sets of replacement rubber air dams should be part of the eiback lowering kit???? I seem to have about 1/4' clearance on most of those barriers, but there are quite a few that it would hit (I have been lucky thus far but it is only a matter of time....)

Doug

BBV
    BBV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTSV

You better get that replaced before Sebring otherwise the aerodynamic lift at 135mph on the Flying Fortress Straight is going to be real ugly.

oceanhut is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Quote Originally Posted by BBV
    You better get that replaced before Sebring otherwise the aerodynamic lift at 135mph on the Flying Fortress Straight is going to be real ugly.

HAHA! Will do. Actually, the car looks a little better without it. But, I will pick one up next time Im near the dealership

RobzBLKV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Call yourself lucky. I once hooked a bumper on a metal spike sticking up out of one of those barriers. $1800 later, the car looked just like new.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.