Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Dreamin 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, the V just took a T-bone from some lady in a hurry to the dr. in her rental car (because she had totalled hers two weeks ago).

Phuq!

She's at the dealer now and don't imagine I'll get her back for several weeks. The damage is to the passenger side rear qtr. panel and suspension/wheel...dammit...what a shiatty day

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad to hear no one got hurt. I rue the day when that happens to me. With winter set in, it probably won't be long though. It's tough to make it a full season without getting rear-ended or T boned at least once after they get the Zamboni's out to polish the ice on our roads.

#5 ·
wildwhl said:
Well, the V justok a T-bone from some lady in a hurry dr rental car (because she had totalled hers two weeks ago).

Phuq!

She's at the dealer now and don't imagine I'll get her back for several weeks. The damage is to the passenger side rear qtr. panel and suspension/wheel...dammit...what a shiatty day
Damn wild. That kinds sucks. And a happy holidays, too. Hopefully she'll be fixed as good as new in no time. Did any of your mods get toasted? Interesting to see how insurance handles that......(though maybe your exhaust was the only one at risk here?)

Doug

#6 ·
6104696 said:
Damn wild. That kinds sucks. And a happy holidays, too. Hopefully she'll be fixed as good as new in no time. Did any of your mods get toasted? Interesting to see how insurance handles that......(though maybe your exhaust was the only one at risk here?)

Doug
Doesn't appear any mods are damaged (save for one GSD3) at this time. This might work out OK, albeit an inconvenience. Turns out one of the owners at the business next door was right behind me and can confirm that I did not run the red light.

Also, a great time to get the dealer to install FG2 while it is there :)

I'm guessing about $5K in damage though :(

#12 ·
If it means anything, my '03 was rear-ended pretty hard last week. Gang-Bangers in an '89 Acura weren't paying attention to the fact that traffic had come to a halt. I hate that feeling....looking in the rear view mirror and seeing what's coming; hearing the tires liquify, then the crash. And I was powerless to do anything. The bright side: Leasing. I told my sales lady at the dealership my tale of woe and she got me in to a new '05 with everything on it. My first Nav. system. I pick it up tomorrow.

#15 ·
StealthV said:
Ah crap Wild. :want:

On the bright side, you can have all the new mods out of their boxes and all arranged in the garage awaiting the V to come home. Just like a well tuned pit stop. :)

Yeah, it is probably a good thing, actually (as I try to put a spin on my misfortune). At least she is at the dealer and the rear diff, center armrest, visor, A-pillar trim, recalls and FG2 can be taken of.

Besides, I didn't really need the distraction right now (but will ReALLY need one in about 3 weeks!).

It isn't really that bad, I don't think. Just F'ed up the alignment and possibly strut and/or suspension components on that corner. Plus the significant body damage - We'll see - the dealer hasn't called since I dropped her off at around lunch....

#18 ·
globed70 said:
First things first, and you are OK. And given the choice of where someone could t-bone my car, rear quarter is the best to me. Hope it all works out well, and quickly.
You're right...but eith the pilot maggie just over the horizon, the last thing I need is a bunch of trips to the dealer to make sure repairs are done correctly and going back when they aren't :(

#20 ·
globed70 said:
First things first, and you are OK. And given the choice of where someone could t-bone my car, rear quarter is the best to me. Hope it all works out well, and quickly.
Actually, it rarely occurs this way, but either the left or right FRONT fender is the best, cause the whole piece can just be tossed and replaced nicely. With the rear you do still have to do a significant amount of metal massaging.

Wildwhl.. Sorry to hear about this... I dont know if you saw the STS forum, someone in a BRAND NEW 05 STS just got smacked at 5mph on their front end, ABOVE the bumper. At least it wasnt that bad :)

#21 ·
Playdrv4me said:
Actually, it rarely occurs this way, but either the left or right FRONT fender is the best, cause the whole piece can just be tossed and replaced nicely. With the rear you do still have to do a significant amount of metal massaging.
Excellent point on the metal... but I was also considering component damage. I'd rather deal with some metal messaging on the rear, than the dealer rebuilding engine and supporting mechanicals. Just me though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.