Shiat...I've been hit :( - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Shiat...I've been hit :( in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Sorry about the bad luck, Wild!!! Glad your OK and try to still have a Happy Holiday. IT'S SNOWING HERE ...
    PneuBird is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Shiat...I've been hit :(

Sorry about the bad luck, Wild!!! Glad your OK and try to still have a Happy Holiday. IT'S SNOWING HERE .....I'M ARFAID TO TAKE OUT THE "V"

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

First things first, and you are OK. And given the choice of where someone could t-bone my car, rear quarter is the best to me. Hope it all works out well, and quickly.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by globed70
    First things first, and you are OK. And given the choice of where someone could t-bone my car, rear quarter is the best to me. Hope it all works out well, and quickly.
    You're right...but eith the pilot maggie just over the horizon, the last thing I need is a bunch of trips to the dealer to make sure repairs are done correctly and going back when they aren't

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that bud. Couldn't have happened to a better contributor to the forum.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by globed70
    Actually, it rarely occurs this way, but either the left or right FRONT fender is the best, cause the whole piece can just be tossed and replaced nicely. With the rear you do still have to do a significant amount of metal massaging.

Wildwhl.. Sorry to hear about this... I dont know if you saw the STS forum, someone in a BRAND NEW 05 STS just got smacked at 5mph on their front end, ABOVE the bumper. At least it wasnt that bad

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Actually, it rarely occurs this way, but either the left or right FRONT fender is the best, cause the whole piece can just be tossed and replaced nicely. With the rear you do still have to do a significant amount of metal massaging.
    Excellent point on the metal... but I was also considering component damage. I'd rather deal with some metal messaging on the rear, than the dealer rebuilding engine and supporting mechanicals. Just me though.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Unhappy Re: Shiat...I've been hit :(

Glad to hear that you're OK. That driver should be limited to public transportation only.

I was wondering; how does your damage compare with the black V that I posted pictures of a few weeks ago? I believe the repair was estimated to be about $20,000 for that V.

Here's the thread:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=25839

Vrocks -

I'm no where near that bad. I'd guess $7-9K based on those photos.

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Sorry about your car wild... glad you're ok. Isn't the Maggie due tomorrow (12/15)??

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
    Sorry about your car wild... glad you're ok. Isn't the Maggie due tomorrow (12/15)??
    Haven't heard - do you know something I don't know?

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

sorry dude
    get us some pics

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Haven't heard - do you know something I don't know?
    No... when I talked to Brian a few weeks ago he said that the pilot run maggie's would be done 12/15... (in the post above i meant 'due' on 12/15 to Magnuson, not to you ).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.