Lets post track vids here
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Lets post track vids here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am always interested in seeing video of our cars on track. Here is a quick one i made. Its ...
    odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Lets post track vids here

I am always interested in seeing video of our cars on track. Here is a quick one i made. Its mostly a compilation of days.

yooper and yooper like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: Lets post track vids here

First track day. Wheel bearing failed at the last 5 minutes of the session.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I swear I posted all of this once before, but a number of searches doesn't turn anything up, so here it is cut-and-pasted from ls1tech.

I've captured a number of videos and never really shared many of them, so I figured I'd just post a bunch in one thread. These are in chronological order, and you'll see that the videos get more advanced as I add more toys to my video setup.

Back in the fall of 2009 I was stationed in Bangor/Bremerton, WA, and made a trek down into OR with Proformance Racing to run at Portland International Raceway and Oregon Raceway Park. Apparently Proformance had been doing yearly trips down to PIR, but it was the first time they also ran ORP, which had just opened that year (or maybe late 2008, I can't remember). At that point my car had a completely stock drivetrain, the KWs, and was running on street tires.

PIR:

And ORP:

As the descriptions on the videos say, PIR was a decent track, but with no elevation change it just didn't do much for me. ORP, on the other hand, was an absolute blast. It was out in the middle of nowhere - we drove a few miles on an oiled gravel road to get to the dirt entrance to the track - but it is a very fun track.

In 2010 I was transferred to the Pentagon, putting me back in the Mid-Atlantic region within a few hours drive of a number of excellent tracks. The combination of some good tracks in the area and a job that allowed me to take some more frequent leave meant I got plenty of track time. In the first year I think I did 12 or 14 days on track, which was more than I had done in the previous 3 or 4 years combined.

V Day 4 @ Summit Point Main was one event. I've posted this video here before, but I'll post it again.

I also got to run 3 days (2 days at one event, 1 day at another) on one of the Grand courses at VIR. (I've seen this configuration referred to as both the Grand East and Grand West course, and I'm not sure which is actually correct. It's the same configuration that Car and Driver uses for their annual "Lightning Lap" issue.)

That's a Nissan GTR that points my by at the beginning and then follows me around. Eventually he turned up the wick and I pointed him back by.

In the winter 2010/2011 "off-season" I added Chase Cam's DM10 and OBD2 cable to my existing 2 camera setup, so I was able to datalog and do gauge overlays. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget this extension cord or that power adapter, so not all of my videos end up with all the overlays. But the gauges and track map make things look way cooler.

So, first video of the season I didn't have the OBD2 cable hooked up, so I didn't have all the cool gauges yet. This was a DC Region SCCA PDX at Summit Point Main:

For the second day I got the OBD2 cable hooked up, so I added the gauge overlays. Ooooooh! Aaahhhhhh!

A few weeks later I was down at VIR again, this time on the Full Course running with the Audi Owners Club. I had some technical difficulties with the camera setup at that event (due to user error), so no internal shots, but my brother did get this clip of me blasting by on the front straight:

As I pass by the tire barrier at the end of the pit entrance I'm probably in the 100-105mph ballpark, and as I pass the start/finish tower I'm doing upper 120s.

A couple weeks after that event I was at VIR again, this time with Trackdaze.com, and this time I didn't screw up the video.

In June I once again headed to a Trackdaze event at VIR. I drilled a hole in the back of the driver side of the front crossmember so I could mount one of the Chase Cams down there, looking out at the front suspension. That got me some pretty cool video:

Unfortunately, the event was cut short in rather dramatic as the #5 rod and piston decided they didn't want to play anymore:

As documented elsewhere, the engine has been replaced and tuned. I anticipate getting back on track at VIR in early November. Videos to follow, of course.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    I am always interested in seeing video of our cars on track. Here is a quick one i made. Its mostly a compilation of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBB-1g6wRew
    That's awesome. Was that with a gopro? As soon I saw the begining of the video, I was wondering how long it would take you to pass the 350z. Nice!

Peter

Patrick, great videos. How much seat time do you have on the track?

Yea that was with a gopro. It looks great in 1080 on my computer. Not as good on youtube. The 350 was very modified in suspension and the driver was not new to the track.

How do i get my video to show up like the others here? all i did was copy and paste the link. I would like it if i could have it up like the others.

Thanks and keep them coming. I know there are more of us on here that track.

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    Patrick, great videos. How much seat time do you have on the track?
    My first event was in March 2000. I've got somewhere around 60-70 days on track, I think, with about 1/2 of that in my Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    How do i get my video to show up like the others here? all i did was copy and paste the link. I would like it if i could have it up like the others.
    Bracket the link with [video ] and [/ video] rather than url.

Thanks AAIIIC

Now i know hat there has to be more than two of us with track video.

DrSpeed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Pacific Raceway (Seattle, WA). Short clip where the back end of the car decided to race the front end of the car.

And won.

Mine tried to do that in that same turn (and turn 2, and turn 9), but it was wet, so I had the stability control nanny turned on to keep it pointed in the right direction. When it stepped out in turn 9 there was basically no warning, and the stability control caught it before I could do anything. If I hadn't had the stability control on I very well might have stuffed it. I took that next lap as a cool-down and pulled in early to get my head on straight. The audio's kinda crappy, but you can just barely hear me at the end laughing a bit in that "Whoa ho ho ho, holy s#*$ that was close" sort of way.

DrSpeed, DrSpeed, yooper and 1 others like this.

Since were posting rear ends versus front end here is this. i think that the front still won but it was close. lol
    I was getting certified for the advanced group. I still passed.

i was chasing a m5 that was modified pretty well. It sounds great. I wish i had the camera setting correct. You can still see him but not well.
    DrSpeed, DrSpeed, yooper and 1 others like this.

v2 videos are welcome.

winstonlv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 ctsv

Chuckwalla Valley My stock black V1 being chased by an M3. Last few frames I miss the apex and run out of racing surface very quickly.

It happens to all of us at one time or another. If you spend enough time on the track its just bound to happen. Just need to hope you have the space to not hit anything.

12race is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06' CTS-V

GA 1/2 mile - heads up drag racing on runway. I am in this video at 1:16, 4:22, 6:48, 11:39, 15:53 (Silver 2006 V). This was an awesome event, had not run the V in drag racing event before only Road Atlanta. Ran a consistent 137 MPH all day, the automatics were getting me on hole shots, but i was able to run down a some of them.

TopSpeed Motorsports (Fastest Sponsor): 190.9mph (GT-R)

Mike Wadsworth (Fastest Forced Induction Vehicle): 185mph (GT-R)

Marshall Davis (Fastest Naturally Aspirated Vehicle): 160mph (Vette)

http://jdsmotorsports.wordpress.com/...eed-run-video/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.