Lets post track vids here - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Lets post track vids here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wow, that's damn good video quality - what setup are you running?...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Lets post track vids here

Wow, that's damn good video quality - what setup are you running?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Damn, I want a telemetry/cam setup like that

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I just wanna smack that R8 driver...

Lil why would you want to smack the R8 driver? For getting the V8 instead of the v10?

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Lil why would you want to smack the R8 driver? For getting the V8 instead of the v10?
    For being in the way for half a lap... there's passing places he missed (heck, even some apex) and therefore holding up the Porsche and the V. And the video says that it's session 4, so there's no reason even a first timer at T'bolt wouldn't know the obvious passing places on the back side of the track.

Of course, I would've smacked TBJS for not blending properly at VIR! You stay right all the way to T1, no matter how clear you think it is.

Yea I noticed that a little too. But here in Southern Cal you just get used to it. People on the roads are HORRIBLE some people on tracks just aren't much better. They think its still like Gran Turismo on their playstation. It's ridiculous. Last time I was at Fontana there was a HUGE douche bag in a BMW M5 (I guess Jeremy Clarkson is right only cocks drive those ****ing things)... anyways he held up everyone for an ENTIRE 20 minute session. THE WHOLE THING. It was point to pass in that session, which I don't usually run in but my buddy was following me around the track to learn it. I was knocking back cars left and right and I got to this guy and finally just cut inside and almost swapped paint. He tried to get in my face at the end of session meeting but everyone had my back, he almost got the boot. I got black flagged for it in that session but it was well worth the satisfaction.

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Yea I noticed that a little too. But here in Southern Cal you just get used to it. People on the roads are HORRIBLE some people on tracks just aren't much better. They think its still like Gran Turismo on their playstation. It's ridiculous. Last time I was at Fontana there was a HUGE douche bag in a BMW M5 (I guess Jeremy Clarkson is right only cocks drive those ****ing things)... anyways he held up everyone for an ENTIRE 20 minute session. THE WHOLE THING. It was point to pass in that session, which I don't usually run in but my buddy was following me around the track to learn it. I was knocking back cars left and right and I got to this guy and finally just cut inside and almost swapped paint. He tried to get in my face at the end of session meeting but everyone had my back, he almost got the boot. I got black flagged for it in that session but it was well worth the satisfaction.
    Yup, comes with the bimmer territory... I had a V8 M3 just dive bomb 3 of us going into T1 at Thunderbolt. Almost collected the Benz in front of me. Benz backed off from there and pit in to go down pit lane and came back out to find more space on track...(which would've been your better option) that sucked for him and I because we were fairly equal and having fun all day. What was fun that session was to re-pass the M3...spun out in the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post

Yup, comes with the bimmer territory... I had a V8 M3 just dive bomb 3 of us going into T1 at Thunderbolt. Almost collected the Benz in front of me. Benz backed off from there and pit in to go down pit lane and came back out to find more space on track...(which would've been your better option) that sucked for him and I because we were fairly equal and having fun all day. What was fun that session was to re-pass the M3...spun out in the grass.
    Oh yea the event organizers told me to go into pit lane. That's why they black flagged me. I went the last 2 laps with them waving their flags at me... I didn't care. The M3 spinning out in the grass seem like poetic justice. The reason why me and the M5 almost swapped paint was because he saw me come inside and tried to cut my line. I laughed and hammered it. I was running an E85 mix at the time and was putting down over 400lbs/ft to the wheels on my cobalt SS. That V10 was carrying around too heavy of a car to keep up.

JDB

I meant to pit in when you get behind someone like that. Just let them go, pit it, ride down pit lane, get to the flagger pointing you back on track and let them know why you pitted in... hopefully he/she radios to the rest of the flag stations to keep an eye on the guy...then go back out. Problem solved, as that person will be on the other side or the track for the rest of the session. Take that minute to relieve any chance of you being in the mix of being a reason to be black flagged.

Yea they told me to do that afterwards. In the track days we have here there are after session meetings after every session. They knew the guy was holding everyone up they were even giving him the blue flag to let people pass. That's why they didn't make a big deal about it when the session was finally done. He just told us all to pull in pit lane if that happens. Like I said though I usually race in the pass whenever sessions so its a lot more professional. Guys still point you by and get out of the line just out of courtesy. Its so nice to be on the track with good drivers. It actually improves the experience for everyone.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Had to pit in at V-Day 1 at Shenandoah. Came in behind an older Maserati Gran Turismo. When we got back out in the clear, I made quick use of him...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    For being in the way for half a lap... there's passing places he missed (heck, even some apex) and therefore holding up the Porsche and the V. And the video says that it's session 4, so there's no reason even a first timer at T'bolt wouldn't know the obvious passing places on the back side of the track.

Of course, I would've smacked TBJS for not blending properly at VIR! You stay right all the way to T1, no matter how clear you think it is.
    Leave me alone.

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Had to pit in at V-Day 1 at Shenandoah. Came in behind an older Maserati Gran Turismo. When we got back out in the clear, I made quick use of him...

Shenandoah is no place for a V.
    ----------

Leave me alone.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by arubenstein View Post
    WOW!!!! Great vid....and great resolution....

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

At VIR in mid-April, first event of the season for the V.

'05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Fast track!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.