V Owners in Southern California? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V Owners in Southern California? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; There is a little track day in Lake Perris on the 26th. I posted up the link already. Check it ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    There is a little track day in Lake Perris on the 26th. I posted up the link already. Check it out, if you're free that day cruise out.

Re: V Owners in Southern California?

Well rain or shine im gonna roll to the track. Got the GoPro all charged and ready. If anyone is gonna go I'm gonna be there from 1-3pm or 1300-1500 depending on how you tell time

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    I'd love to come check it out but I suffered a pretty severe injury on my snowboard and won't be doing any V driving for a while. :-/ have fun though man.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    I'd love to come check it out but I suffered a pretty severe injury on my snowboard and won't be doing any V driving for a while. :-/ have fun though man.
    I only got one good video. I forgot the damn SD card for my go pro so I only got o
    Them on my phone. I will post em up when I get a chance though. I have the torque app with the track recorder in my phone so it at least records speed and rpm on the car. Which is pretty cool.

Video posted in the track day video thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...vids-here.html

Hey southern California guys... There is a canyon cruise up Palomar mountain on April 14th at 11am. We are meeting near fallbrook off highway 15 and 76. On the west side of the freeway there is a Mobil station to fuel up. We are meeting on the east side of the freeway on the right hand side there is a Pankey Road. It is a big cul-de-sac. We end up at lake Henshaw to eat some BBQ.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47677

Juan_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v

I'm in!!

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Awesome! I'm pretty sure I'm in. Gotta check the date but I would really like to make this.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Cerritos!

Quote Originally Posted by mike6466 View Post
    I have powdercoat black, and your pics make methink shiny black looks better.

hey, so about the tint: I'm registered in TX but I'm still curious... mechanical issues are -not- enough to initiate traffic stops, right? like, you have to commit a moving violation to be pulled over, and as long as you don't speed or run lights etc., you *shouldn't* get stopped just for tint?

You can get stopped for tint here. I have been. Most cops aren't going to stop you just for tint... But they can

hmm. I like it when cops let me pass without any issues. maybe it's worth keeping things that way (as much as I like tint in front and I'm allowed to have it in TX)

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    hmm. I like it when cops let me pass without any issues. maybe it's worth keeping things that way (as much as I like tint in front and I'm allowed to have it in TX)
    We all have electric windows... Roll the windows down lol

lol true, but I'm also thinking of the times they are parked on an intersecting street, and I don't have time to react.

I don't know if you have this issue, but... this city is very residential, very quiet... (the cops know this house, and my car, and those of my housemates)

I feel like a limo driver with no front tint, but I think... I will just deal with it ™

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    lol true, but I'm also thinking of the times they are parked on an intersecting street, and I don't have time to react.

I don't know if you have this issue, but... this city is very residential, very quiet... (the cops know this house, and my car, and those of my housemates)

I feel like a limo driver with no front tint, but I think... I will just deal with it ™
    Where in LA do you live? Being as I am in Law Enforcement, the cops there should be more bothered with people committing crime than people that have window tint that is too dark. Anyways, if you do get a ticket fight it... Most cops don't carry spectrophotometers. They are required to take a reading if they give you a ticket. If they give you a ticket without a reading it would be like getting a speeding ticket without being radar gunned.

interesting

I'm in Cerritos (90703) it's very quiet, very low crime, ... I'm sure you have more resources for city metrics available than I do...

illegal to park on the curb overnight without a permit, very few exposed phone or power lines, etc.

I live on the same block as CA's top high school (I graduated from Cerritos HS, few blocks away)

that's very interesting about the spectrophotometer reading, when the regulation is -no- tint allowed.

hmmmmmm

I just might try it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.