V Owners in Southern California? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V Owners in Southern California? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Awesome! Finally a couple V's that are actually in SD! I'm definitely down for a meet, possibly a cruise. Blk05, ...
    joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Awesome! Finally a couple V's that are actually in SD! I'm definitely down for a meet, possibly a cruise.
    Blk05, if you don't mind me asking, who does your work on your V? If you've got someone that knows the V pretty well I'd love to know about him. I'm a very amateur mechanic and I'm starting to get a couple clunks that I'd like to address soon.
    Thanks, and glad to know another local V owner.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Re: V Owners in Southern California?

Where do you live in San Diego? In north county I had a pretty good guy I used to take my stuff too. GM Exclusive in Vista, CA (760) 941-5002

Thanks RyRides! I'm actually down in mission beach but I don't mind driving if I find the right guy.

kpalomo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I'm up in North County, but usually down in the Miramar area. I'm currently in Afghanistan but right before I left I met up with a few guys on here. We went on a nice ride through Palomar. I already have some plans and parts for when I get back. Who knows the good shops??

Quote Originally Posted by kpalomo View Post
    I'm up in North County, but usually down in the Miramar area. I'm currently in Afghanistan but right before I left I met up with a few guys on here. We went on a nice ride through Palomar. I already have some plans and parts for when I get back. Who knows the good shops??
    What are you going to get done? The shop in Vista is more of a standard mechanic. could he do performance heads and stuff, sure. He did the Exedy clutch in my last car and motor mounts and stuff cuz I got lazy and didn't really fell comfortable doing it without the correct tools. Buuuuut if you want a straight up performance shop to do it, look up Cunnignham motorsports in Temecula (http://www.cunningham-motorsports.com/). They do magic with LS blocks and I'm sure they could have your V done up right pretty quick. The only downside is that they are kind of spendy. But it's where I'm going when I finally get wedding planning and stuff out of the way for me and the Mrs. I'm gonna have the heads milled and a nice cam done. They do tuning there too but I am gonna tune it myself to save a few hundred bucks.

alxcook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a stock Silver V, I am driving between Carlsbad and Canyon Lake daily, give a wave......

Quote Originally Posted by alxcook View Post
    I have a stock Silver V, I am driving between Carlsbad and Canyon Lake daily, give a wave......
    That's a long commute. Do you work in Carlsbad? I used to live there right off 78 & El Camino Real.

Hey fellas, there is a track day in Lake Perris coming up. Its actually on a 9/10th mile go kart track. Its $20 per session or $60 for all day starting at 1pm January 26th. http://www.krops.org/ has info on it. The spectators have a $3 entry fee I think as well.

branland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SC

Coffee and Cars at JBA this Sunday 1/13/13 7:00 - 10:00 am

JBA Speed Shop
    5675 Kearny Villa Road
    San Diego, CA 92123

I'm going.

I'd roll if I wasn't going to Vegas this weekend

I'm very interested in this but not entirely sure since I won't get off work until 430ish that morning.

Any other V owners going?

BLK05V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): black 05 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    Awesome! Finally a couple V's that are actually in SD! I'm definitely down for a meet, possibly a cruise.
    Blk05, if you don't mind me asking, who does your work on your V? If you've got someone that knows the V pretty well I'd love to know about him. I'm a very amateur mechanic and I'm starting to get a couple clunks that I'd like to address soon.
    Thanks, and glad to know another local V owner.
    i do my own work, im a wrench at top flight corvette in miramar area. i can help u out with your car no prob shoot me a pm if you'd like or call the shop 1858 547 8388~ my names dominic

Quote Originally Posted by BLK05V

i do my own work, im a wrench at top flight corvette in miramar area. i can help u out with your car no prob shoot me a pm if you'd like or call the shop 1858 547 8388~ my names dominic
    Thank you Dominic. Very good to know. I'll get ahold of you some time in the next month or so. I'm moving etc. right now. Thanks

branland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SC

Decent turn out. It was brisk at 7 am. (for San Diego)

http://extremejba.jbaracing.com

LB

alxcook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

[QUOTE=RyRidesMotoX;3171243]That's a long commute. Do you work in Carlsbad? I used to live there right off 78 & El Camino Real.[/QUOTE

Pretty good commute (70 miles each way), I work in Carlsbad, but only do the drive 4 days a week maximum, sometimes only three]

16. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.