Blackstone Report
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blackstone Report in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So decided to send my oil out to get it checked out & all was good. I even ran 7300 ...
    Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

Blackstone Report

So decided to send my oil out to get it checked out & all was good. I even ran 7300 miles on this change & was down to 5% oil life. Normally prefer to change around 25%, but this has me rethinking that. Def not going to try 10K like they say. Likely will do my diff fluid with them as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

howanicm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

Re: Blackstone Report

Is there any way you can make this pic larger?

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

yeah you'll have to re-upload that image into photobucket using a larger size option. Assuming all is good thanks for the update.

howanicm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v
    Thanks.

Updated the pic. Should be much better. They were saying it was good, but thought others here might have good insights.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

With those numbers I wouldn't hesitate to go 10k miles. For reference I think M-B and BMW have oil changes scheduled every 15k miles on some of their cars now running synthetic.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    I find that when my oil life reading gets down to 10% or so, I'm about 8,000 kilometers into my oil change. Thats exactly 5,000 miles on a synthetic oil change, but most of my driving consists of 5 mile trips to and from work. I know short trips like this shorten oil life a lot. I'd still be very curious to have an analysis like this done. Seems to me (from looking at those reports) that you could extend your change intervals pretty dramatically and still be safe.

Good feedback. Maybe I'll do another analysis at the current length (~7500) and see if there are consistent results before extending out further.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

I remember sending my 1995 suburban diesel oil in for analysis. I was running AMS synthetic and at 15k miles they said I was good for at least another 5k miles easy. I got scared and changed it at 15 like a little beeotch though.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Nice to see the good results, my test a year ago came back great also. Nice to know we have solid motors

jeph054 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you change to Amsoil, you can go 20K between changes providing you use the Amsoil oil filter and change the filter at 10K and top the oil off. I've been doing this for over 10 years and I have never had a bad oil analysis. The oil was always within spec. I run the signature series 5W-30. I have run Amsoil in everything from my weedwhacker, motorcycles, cars to my over the road Diesels that never are unloaded.
    For my Its not only the awesome protection that the oil provides but also the smaller carbon footprint I leave from using less oil. I'm no tree hugger but I do what I can when I can...
    I shall step off my soap box now...

lol...good speach. What's your cost for an oil change? When Autozone/advanced auto does their little deals, I can get 5 qts + Mobil 1 filter for 29.99. Curious if the economics works out given the extended life of Amsoil. Also, does the oil life meter work on Amsoil or does it get down to 0% and you keep driving for another 10K?

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    lol...good speach. What's your cost for an oil change? When Autozone/advanced auto does their little deals, I can get 5 qts + Mobil 1 filter for 29.99. Curious if the economics works out given the extended life of Amsoil. Also, does the oil life meter work on Amsoil or does it get down to 0% and you keep driving for another 10K?
    I personally wouldn't go straight to 20k miles with a CTS-V using AMSOIL's top tier oil, the AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code ASLQT). I'd ease up and take some blackstone samples such as listed above. AMSOIL lists this oil at 15k miles in "severe service" which personally, I'd view the CTS-V as meeting. They do have a 15k mile oil filter for the LS6 and early LS2 (EA15K32).

I use this same oil and filter on my 03 Chevy Trailblazer and do run it to 12-15k per oil change. Truck has 165k miles on it and counting.

The OLM has no idea what oil you have in your car. In my Trailblazer, when the OLM hits zero, I reset it and let it keep counting down.

For those that are interested in trying the AMSOIL, more than happy to get AMSOIL products for forum members at dealer wholesale pricing, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program. Drop me a PM if interested.

jeph054 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I agree with C66, I wouldn't go straight either, that's what the 10K filter and top off is for. I have done the oil analysis at 10K and 20k and the oil was fine. They did not even recommend changing it. I did anyway, 20K is enough for me. As far as the severe service that is all how you drive I guess. 75% of the time I drive mine like a grocery getter. So for me I don't consider that Severe. Most of my miles are driven leisurely on the highway... So It boils down to preference.

I basically do a oil change once a year so 6qt of AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5w30@ 8.55=51.30 + filter (Eao15K32) @ 12.78 grand total = 64.08
    Reg oil 6 qts at 4.99ish=29.94 + filter 8.00=37.94 X 6 changes grand total = 227.64.
    Mobil 1 if you are doing and complete filter and oil change @ 10K for 29.95 then you are at 60.00 bucks.

I feel for 4 bucks more you get better protection with the amsoil. If you factor in C66 discounting you can get the oil cheaper then I can.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.