Bass tube instead of stock sub?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bass tube instead of stock sub? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I went to look at some options at a local audio install place. After speaking to the guy he suggested ...
    xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Bass tube instead of stock sub?

I went to look at some options at a local audio install place. After speaking to the guy he suggested going with a bass tube install instead of going with a free air sub. He said unless you spend top dollar on high quality free air subs they are less then stellar. I did not want to go with a box seeing as I wanted the space for golf clubs and things like that. He suggest taking out the stock subwoofer and installing a bass tube to the deck keeping it up and off the floor retaining my space and getting much more bump out of it vs a free air setup.

Has anyone done this? What do you guys think about it? Yay or Nay.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Bass tube instead of stock sub?

I like bass tubes. Push it up against the rear seats, remove the stock sub and you have a good thump without taking up too much space. Don't know about hanging it from the deck. I would be worried about it rattling.

If you want just a little more bass, run a small amp to the stock sub. It wont set off any alarms, but I was surprised how much more bass it could handle with an amp pushing it.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Looks Like i will give the tube a try and will let you guys know how it works out. I just need to decide which company to go with

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    If you want just a little more bass, run a small amp to the stock sub. It wont set off any alarms, but I was surprised how much more bass it could handle with an amp pushing it.
    I know zip about stereos. Can you suggest a 'small amp'?

Thanks.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Good way to go. They are plenty for most people and sound good.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.