Removing rear seat for PA15 installation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Removing rear seat for PA15 installation in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I read the FAQ thread on this, and maybe I'm retarded, but...I can't figure out how to get the rear ...
    fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Removing rear seat for PA15 installation

I read the FAQ thread on this, and maybe I'm retarded, but...I can't figure out how to get the rear seats *really* out to run the cables under them. I got the top (the seat back) loose, and I got the rear deck tray off, I just can't figure out how to remove the seat backs entirely so I can run the cables down the side. Same thing with the seat bottoms. The seat belts are really throwing me off.

This is no doubt one of those simple 5-second things I'm missing. Any help?

Oh, also, where did you guys put your PA15 box? I was thinking about sitting it right next to the XM tuner, but the install page seems to have it behind the seat back. Any reason not to sit it next to the tuner?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Removing rear seat for PA15 installation

See attached.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Yeah,... rear seat cushion just pulls straight up and out, and the bolts for the seat back are right below that.

Bigtuna819 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I put my pa15 unit next to the fusebox on the drivers side rear, easiest access if you need to swap things around. you shouldnt have to remove the rear seat back to run the wire behind it, just loosen those nuts up in the trunk and you should be good.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

I just did my install as well. I put the PA15 box under the center console (UNDER under it, lol). It barely fits under there as there is pretty much zero room in the CTS for any extra stuff. I then drilled a 1/2" hole in the back corner of the 'under armrest' cubby and the ipod cable comes up through there.

Snaking the wire under the carpet/sound deadening between the console and the rear seat is much tougher than it looks. Once I got it figured out it was not too bad but it's a pretty tight fit even for a hanger.

I was not sure which way I should set the DIP settings on the PA15, neither of the examples in the directions really made sense for the V. I tried both with no perceived difference, but settled with 2 on and 3 and 4 in the off position. I also have had an issue with the preset buttons changing around on me; for example I will hit the button I assigned as 'random' and it will select 'Albums'. Resetting it works until it changes its mind again. I also had an issue with it going to Auxillary input until I turned off the dip switch (1) on the unit assigned to that option.

On another note... I successfully found a switched power source and a 12V power source right next to eachother and hooked up a relay to it and now I have a 3 outlet DC connector under the drivers seat; Garmin, radar detector, and phone charger all nicely switched now. I did a lot of searching and found a lot of conflicting and different options, none of which I liked very much.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black
    just give a good tug upward and the seat should remove.

i just did a prelim install of the PA15 and trying to figure out a good place to put the module/box. was thinking under the rear seat for simplicity but probably wouldnt be the most comfortale thing to sit on

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    The bottom seat just pops off by pulling straight up, one clip under the middle of each passenger cushion. Should come out without much effort. There are 4 nuts on back of the seat (10mm) right in the middle and accessible through the trunk or with the back seat down and 4 nuts on the bottom (14mm) that hold the rear seat back in place. It's helpful to have someone else help you get the seat out because the bottom is extremely sharp and the seat is heavy.

I got it out by myself but had some assistance getting it back in. If you loosen up the nuts on the back of the seat and the ones on the bottom, you should be able to pull up enough to snake wires through there without removing the whole thing.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index....k-removal-r119
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...k-removal.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.