Looking for a shop to install a LS7 Clutch - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Looking for a shop to install a LS7 Clutch in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm still happy with my shop he has been keeping me updated with pictures as he goes. Notched bell housing ...
    QwkRhino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Looking for a shop to install a LS7 Clutch

I'm still happy with my shop he has been keeping me updated with pictures as he goes.

Notched bell housing for the remote bleeder.

Clutch came out great. Didn't like that revtech transmission insert though too much drive line vibration but the shift felt good. Ended up pulling out the insert.

----------

HP@americanheritageperformance.com
    If you guys need a great shop and a guy who keeps you informed with pics and email this is a great shop to do business with. Very professional and he does great work.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

blughter

I found American Heritage Performance on Craigslist while looking for a shop to replace my Clutch on my Cadillac CTS-V. I wanted do find someone who knew about these cars because I didn't just want to take the car to any old shop. When I emailed the shop on some of the work I wanted to get done a long with some mods I wanted installed with a quote, I got it the next day from the owner Kohle and he was very knowledgeable about the mods and this vehicle with a real reasonable quote. So I made appointment to drop the car off and Kohle was very friendly and gave me a estimate on when the car would be done. While in the shop Kohle kept me informed with email and pictures on how the work was going which was very nice and I have never had a shop do the before, it was really cool. Since the car was highly modified we ran into a problem, so Kohle informed me with emails and pictures on problem. Which made it easy for me to understand the problem and give him the ok to adjust the original quote and for him to processed with the repair. I highly recommend American Heritage Performance, Kohle Heimlich is a stand up guy, true to has word and does great work, car turned out prefect, very professional shop.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I just had my ls7 clutch swap done at gforce Motorsport in Houston TX. I'm vey happy with there work...they got it done fast (one day) and were very fair on the pricing IMO $400. The clutch engagement seems very close to stock but it drives 100 times better.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

h town what did you all get in order for the engagement to be close to stock?

Thanks

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I used an oem ls7 clutch/flywheel setup that a guy pulled off his 08 z06 with 16k miles on it. I then bit the bullet and and paid for a brand new oem ls7 slave so everything would be oem...I think that's what let it keep the stock feel.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

cool thanks.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    I haven't done this mod, but I've read EVERY damn thread existing on it over that last year or so (what I retained is another story), as I plan on doing it sometime this year.
    After reading all the info out there, it was always very evident that your clutch engagement will come "up" with the more bleeding you do. By the sounds of it, bleed that bitch til you're blue in the face ... Then go ahead and do it a few more times. From what I've read, that should get your clutch action (engagement) up off the floor.

I do have a question for anyone who's chimed in here having done the swap recently. Did any of you go with lightweight flywheels? Did any of you get your remote bleeders from Tick and get the "end" on the bleeder that eliminates the need for notching the bell housing? Link to bleeder: http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...010-v8-camaro/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.