Would I insult someone? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Would I insult someone? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What is an srt6?...
    carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Re: Would I insult someone?

What is an srt6?

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Wow, didn't know that those came with boost from the factory.

I'd still rather be driving my Sky Redline.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

chrysler spitfire

pirategrad87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by NCOGNITO View Post
    Pirate - Black 07 in Raleigh ... I'm in Raleigh too - You don't by chance have a personalized plate that says "DRKNSEXY" do you? I've seen this car once a couple of months ago and a couple of V2, but rarely see any of the V1s in the area.
    Sorry for the slow reply! I have a custom ECU plate that has the little pirate head and reads "EPICV". I know a kid, Joseph, at NCSU with an 06... and I met a guy, Mike, in Cary a couple weeks ago with an 04 who claimed it was "the first V in NC." Also I know via friends that there is a guy around here with a black 04 with electronic cut-outs... That wouldn't happen to be you, would it?

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by joeybutts View Post
    Hmmm....You guys are leaning on me pretty good. I think I might steer clear of the higher price tag and look for something more in the low 20k range. Go with a few more miles, not worry so much about the rear end. Though I would love to still get an 06 or 07 for peace of mind wit hthe warranty still there for a bit.
    $26k for an '07 with 12k miles isn't crazy. It's not the cheapest V, but if you like it, get it. How many 12k mile V1's do you think there are to choose from? I also wouldn't worry about the rear end on an '06-07.

There won't be much/any factory warranty left on one at this point though, unless the owner bought an extended one.

joeybutts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Well, the guy who was buying my mustang backed out so back to square one.

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by pirategrad87 View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply! I have a custom ECU plate that has the little pirate head and reads "EPICV". I know a kid, Joseph, at NCSU with an 06... and I met a guy, Mike, in Cary a couple weeks ago with an 04 who claimed it was "the first V in NC." Also I know via friends that there is a guy around here with a black 04 with electronic cut-outs... That wouldn't happen to be you, would it?
    Can't PM you as you don't have enough posts yet. Mine is a black 04 w/regular NC plate (ends in 5700), still deciding on the personalized plate that I want. I have tinted windows, headers and stock exhaust, but no electronic cutouts (YET). I'm looking for a good shop in the area to take it to so I can decide on a location for cutouts and have them do the welding work. Any recommendations?

Let me ask my buddies over at Mayhem Motorsports if they have any thoughts. Pretty sure you could save some money and have any old muffler shop weld 'em in... as long as you tell them exactly where you want them (pretty sure you'd go far past the O2 sensors as to avoid throwing a CEL). I wouldn't want them even trying to do the wiring - if they even said they could. I have always used Henry's Muffler, and there is one on Capital and one on Millbrook. Are you planning to do the wiring yourself? I wouldn't hesitate to post a new thread on horsepowerjunkies if you want to get a lot of local opinions and advice, you on there?

Just sent my buddy Will a message, I will get back to you shortly. What kind of headers do you have? I would really love to hear your car!

I have TPIS headers and high flow cats all feeding into the stock resonator/exhaust/mufflers. I'm not on Horsepowerjunkies, but I can post a thread over there for local information. I would typically just go with a regular muffler shop, but honestly haven't had much work done in the last 6 years. RPM installed Borla on my Trans Am and they did a fine job, but I wasn't going to go back to them for something as simple as cutouts.

I've heard good things about Mayhem and have an appointment on Monday morning at Mayhem for them to go over a couple of issues I have with the car. I planned to ask them about placement of the cutouts but I was planning on doing the wiring myself, considering I don't want anyone hacking it up and I have a fair amount of 12V and car audio experience.

The other issue (not terribly relevant) is mostly some weird pop that occurs infrequently that I'm almost convinced is the clutch packs in the rear. It sounds like I'm driving over a pebble under the rear tires. I changed the gear oil and it was worse, then slowly added more friction modifier that has almost eliminated the popping and whine that I could hear previously. I had the backseat out to have the windows tinted, which likely allowed me to hear it better or the friction modifier is actually resolving the problem. Debating switching to the Dexron LS that has the ratio of modifier/oil already figured out, wish I would have read up on this before I wasted the money on Mobil1 75W140 and made a separate trip to get the friction modifier instead of just getting the oil at BM Chevrolet and skipping the mixing altogether 8-D

Okay so I wasn't aware of this, but apparently DMH has gone out of business.. They are the only company that offered low profile cutouts to the best of my knowledge. All the other brands are pretty huge. Regardless, Mayhem actually has a V1 coming in on Monday to have cutouts installed - start to finish. I hang out with these guys pretty regularly and I was told to hold off on telling you anything so that they could play around with it and find a good fit. Then they can get back to me and might be able to do yours a little cheaper. I should also mention that I was told that the sound quality of electronic cutouts is less than desired - with the exception of a turbo setup with a restrictive exhaust - Just relaying what I was told. I know it would be loud as hell though!

Certain amounts of opinion just made it into this post, so feel free to chime in guys!

Sounds like you are the guy my buddy was referring to already! I am confident them boys will get you straight. I am really interested to hear what the heck is going on with your popping noise too. Talk to them about a tune while you're there. They have been trying to get me on the dyno for a while and supposedly it makes a huge difference when they work their magic - I was told the biggest difference being that they override the stupid torque management system that keeps the throttle body from going WOT until a certain RPM. Electronic throttle body FTL.

What time are you heading up there? I will be at work and probably won't be able to come meet up during the day, but I would be interested in checking your car out if you end up leaving it there

Thanks for the quick reply and trying to feel that out for me - I've seen that others have been looking for the DMH's and they are scarce if available at all. I'll be at Mayhem on Monday too, so hopefully I'll get to see the cutouts on the other V1 while I'm there ;-)

Sound quality? I just want to HEAR the open pipes and not tick off my neighbors when I come home, LOL. My first instinct is to put them near the back just before the mufflers, so it doesn't create a TON of drone inside the car and most of the noise (and fumes) will be behind me. That area is also the highest point on the car so you won't have an much of a clearance issue and be required to use DMHs, even though that's what I was originally shooting for. You *could* simply use a set of cutouts welded in and angled down in a way that you have enough clearance to get any other electronic cutout on there both pointed to the inside or to the outside of the car.

We'll see what Mayhem recommends regarding both my issue and future improvements.

I'll be there at 9:30 AM for them to take a look at the popping issue and a couple of other things. I planned to ask them about a dyno tune at some point, but I do have a Wait4Me mail in ECM tune that overrides most of the default nuances. Supposed to take about 2 hours max. A couple more posts and I think you can PM me directly, LOL. We can setup a time to meet up locally if we don't end up crossing paths at Mayhem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.