Ready to buy a V - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ready to buy a V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Thanks Nick. Sounds like you saved me a 150 mile trip. I was wondering why it has been on autotrader ...
    joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Thanks Nick. Sounds like you saved me a 150 mile trip. I was wondering why it has been on autotrader for that long. Sounds like it was ridden hard and put away wet. I'm not one much for body work. I am also not keen on the fact that he probably used and abused her. Looks like the search shall continue.
    Have you checked out the raven 2004 with around 70k? I am waiting for a call back on that. Also I went and test drove the black 2005 at good guys. It's actually a very nice car but I get a really bad vibe from those guys, not to mention they get horrible reviews and they are asking way too much for a car with 100k.
    Anyways, best of luck. I'm getting very anxious over here and I'm sure you are too. Soon my friend, soon.

xxxcrown Guest

Re: Ready to buy a V

They actually have a V at good guys?! Haha! I went there to test drive the Stealth Gray one and they said they had 5 on the lot, I get there NONE! They sold the stealth gray one 2 days before. Then the guy asks me for a $500 deposit in case the marine guy that bought it has his financing fall through. Those guys are a bit creepy and I wouldn't trust them much. If the car is in good shape and they havent molested it much it might be a good buy, but I would not trust them for anything.

When I went in to the dealer the guy that was helping me seemed nice, then the two guys in the office were goofing off and wouldn't answer his question about the V, then the guy said it was sold, on top of that the salesman on the phone lied about the time they close because he was leaving early. That place is a mess. They were supposed to call me if they got another V in but obviously never did. I saw the black one in their ad but didnt think they really had the car so didnt bother.

Oh! On top of that when I said I wouldnt want the maroon color they said "no problem we can paint it any color you want" hahahaha

Teamsorad is online now Cadillac Owners Member

just goes to show that you can make anything look good with pictures like that

Ya, I drive that stealth grey on that they had. You're happy to have stayed away from it! This black one is much nicer but the mileage is high, the price is high, and those guys are no good. It leaves me very worried.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

I would never buy one from goodguys. They are assclowns. I actually found mine at carfax for 18500. It is an 04 with 75000 at the time.

Stay away from goodguys if you are in San Diego

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

keep your eyes peeled and be ready to travel to look at it in person the same day you contact them.

the good news is the highest concentration of V's i've seen are in socal (i'm in San Francisco but was willing to drive out of state for the right V) so chances are high you will not need to travel excessivly far.

SCIronMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

I have a silver 2007 CTS-V with approx 27,000 miles. I've driven it less than 1000 miles in the past 9 months. Only mods are Mightymouse lowering spacers, H&R springs, and custom exhaust. Super clean car. I'm located in Huntington Beach. If I can get a decent price, I'll sell it. It just isn't getting used.

33770_891584969445_6779535_n.jpg

44918_891585009365_2959691_n.jpg

^^^ damn it... I like my car and all but that silver looks nice. Black is such a pain to keep clean as a daily driver. If you want to get rid of the H&Rs if/when you ever sell it I would be down to swap springs + cash, belly button lint, beer, or Taiwanese hookers... whichever you prefer.

IronMike, your car is beautiful! I'm guessing that you're asking price is probably close to 30k which is more than I can spend. I really love it though...

SCIronMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    IronMike, your car is beautiful! I'm guessing that you're asking price is probably close to 30k which is more than I can spend. I really love it though...
    I'd gladly take $30k, but I'd sell it for less.

SCIron Mike, can you PM me? Or send me an email?

1percenter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

damn guys, i am afraid we are all competing for good deals, add me to the list of a socal guy trying to get a cts-v. I am almost at the point of starting to look at others car mainly 335i's.

Slim Pickens right? I found an '05 in LA on CL that looks really nice for 14k but it's got like 117k. Not a bad deal but my bank won't finance over 100k plus I'd rather spend a little more and get less miles. Where in so cal are you?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    Slim Pickens right? I found an '05 in LA on CL that looks really nice for 14k but it's got like 117k. Not a bad deal but my bank won't finance over 100k plus I'd rather spend a little more and get less miles. Where in so cal are you?
    I drove one with like 130k at a little shit hole dealer in LA. It was a stealth grey one. They said they had done motor mounts, trans mounts, and some other stuff to it. But I just felt like it was loose, you know? Like you could feel that those 130k miles were hard run. I think it was an 06 though. Still I would be inclined to stay away.

xxxcrown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1percenter View Post
    damn guys, i am afraid we are all competing for good deals, add me to the list of a socal guy trying to get a cts-v. I am almost at the point of starting to look at others car mainly 335i's.
    Same here, I have looked at 335i's, M3's, etc but I am picky, the 335i doesn't really do much for me other than being twin turbo inline 6. I am a sucker for special model cars. The special models always have awesome trim, they are the top of the line etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.