Ready to buy a V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ready to buy a V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Tackelbeery, where you located?...
    joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Tackelbeery, where you located?

Tackle berry, where are you located? Love your car.

xxxcrown Guest

Re: Ready to buy a V

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    Tackle berry, where are you located? Love your car.
    Tackleberry I believe is on the East Coast and is asking about 21k for the car because of the mods.

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

He has it posted on Craigslist locally --> http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3219407610.html

I'm in Raleigh too, if you happen to come out :-)

Tackelbarry is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I am in Chapel Hill N.C.. I deleted the Craig'slist add because I am not interested in tire-kickers, joy rides or low ballers. If a CTS-V enthusiast is interested in my car and catches me on the right day, he or she might end up owning it. Other than having my eye on a couple of other cars, ie. Jensen Interceptor and M-35 Deuce and a half and, on-going, space issues, I have no need, financially, to sell the car.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Funny you mentioned the Jensen Interceptor. There's a Jensen GT down the road from me for sale. Looks like it needs a lot of work. I'd love to turn it into an LS powered rat rod, but I'm sure the purists would lynch me.

Can you get me anymore info on the GT? This attached picture, 1969 Pontiac Firebird convertible, is the last car I did a complete restoration on. I had it for four years and then a man flew in from Alabama, bought it and drove it home.
    Attached Images

OmegaSupreme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V, Platinum & Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Tackelbarry View Post
    Silver?
    I have a Platinum also, and that hood literally made me say "woah!" out loud. One of the best looking visual mods I've seen on a V. Props!! Beautiful!

Thanks. This car doesn't turn as many heads as the 69 Firebird did, but it does turn heads.

Got my financing in order today. Now for the real decision making.

Can you guys take a look at this PLATINUM V that I found for sale near me? It seems to be very nice from the ad though I haven't seen it in person. It's been up for a while which makes me a little weary since these things usually go so quick but the mileage and the recent work that it's had done are both perks for me. Anyone see or know of any issues?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...17783106&Log=0

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

That one looks very nice. Definitely check it out. It sounds like it has some of the fixes in place.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Can't see the interior, but what you can see of the exterior appears to be nice. 61k miles is not many especially with a price of $17.9k.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

xxxcrown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    Can you guys take a look at this PLATINUM V that I found for sale near me? It seems to be very nice from the ad though I haven't seen it in person. It's been up for a while which makes me a little weary since these things usually go so quick but the mileage and the recent work that it's had done are both perks for me. Anyone see or know of any issues?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...17783106&Log=0
    Josh, I went and looked at this car and also did the car fax. This owner is the 5th owner, he bought it with around 25k miles or so and put over 35k miles on the car in just over a year. The car was an extra car it appeared and is parked outside. The owner is relatively young. The front left headlight is cracked and I believe not working. The G meter reads over 1g each way. The front right tire was bald. The owner testified to drag racing the car with his friends at different tracks, vegas etc. He also mentioned his friend had brought back the car with no gas, and said he lends it out to his friends. He has an antiwheel hop bar but it rattles on the exhaust. The front bumper is missing some paint. The front grill appears to have been removed and not re-installed correctly. The rear bumper is also missing some paint. The weather stripping on the back of the engine bay is falling off. The buttons on the center console are beginning to rub off. The front drivers side fender has some dents that appear to be from the inside, like they ran over a block of wood or something. The rear drivers side fender has a deep narrow dent directly on the crease on the fender flare. The interior is in pretty good condition otherwise, it felt nice, it drove ok but I do believe I heard a slight whine.

I decided almost immediately that it was not the car for me because I do not want to do body work, if you want to do some body work and fix the problems this might be the car for you.

Thank you Nick. Sounds like you saved me 150 mile

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.