Bought an '04 V... happy but minor problems - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bought an '04 V... happy but minor problems in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by rmbanas FYI as a quick follow up... the dealer determined the body control module to be faulty, ...
    OmegaSupreme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V, Platinum & Ebony

Re: Bought an '04 V... happy but minor problems

Quote Originally Posted by rmbanas View Post
    FYI as a quick follow up... the dealer determined the body control module to be faulty, replaced it and all is well--everything works as it should now.

Windows work... XM works, etc etc etc.
    I'm glad to hear you got it all taken care of, and that it sounds like, once the dealer became involved, the problem was a relatively simple fix.

I also recently bought a 2004 V. I've been fortunate, tho, in that I haven't had any problems. I expect that I'll be able to avoid most mechanical issues, because the first thing I did with my car was change ALL fluids. If your car wasn't too well taken care of by the previous owner (which sounds like might be the case), I'd strongly recommend heading over to the FAQ section in the "Read this first" sticky of the General Discussion page and using the walk throughs to get you going.

Congrats on your recent purchase!

rmbanas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I take that back... speedometer is still funky, traction control also still activates -- probably related. Looks like ABS problem maybe? Or that speed sensor...

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I would guess the speedo and TC is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) going bad, or maybe bad/intermittent wiring to the VSS.

Glad to hear all the rest of the stuff got worked out!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

That sensor is intergrated into the wheel hub. Not too pricey. A lot of GM vehicles have issues with that causing intermittent TC ABS lights to come on.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    That sensor is intergrated [sic] into the wheel hub. Not too pricey. A lot of GM vehicles have issues with that causing intermittent TC ABS lights to come on.
    The wheel speed sensors are in the hubs, while the VSS is on the rear of the tranny (I think on the driver's side). Since the speedo is jumping around, I'd think it has to to be the VSS.

I've had a bad wheel speed sensor (actually, the wiring harness to the sensor was the issue) and it caused the ABS to die and the "Service Stability System" warning to pop up on the nav screen.

rmbanas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I talked to the service techs at the dealer today--they found the problem. They have determined that the vehicle speed sensor "ring" or housing of some sort on the tailshaft of the transmission was cracked and was spinning with the driveshaft... they have a new one on the way and are 100% certain it will fix the problem.

Sounds about right to me.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thank you for the update, Rmbanas! If you would like me to ever contact your dealership on your behalf, then email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. Please keep us posted as to what happens once the part comes is installed!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

One thing I would suggest (out of experience) is to make sure to turn off stability control and traction control before driving the car, until you get your issues fixed. The last thing you want when you're having ABS/speedometer/TC/stabilitrak issues is to be driving 75mph on the highway and have stabilitrak accidentally engage. It can total your car and kill you and others.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Wow what a PITA!! Electrical issues are the pits but sounds like you got a good dealer to get you straightened out, hopefully they aren't breaking the pocket book too bad with the repairs. Congrats on the V and if you ever need diagrams or anything let me know!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.