coolant temp sensor location, 05 V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, coolant temp sensor location, 05 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I reasearched a while and couldn't find what I was looking for, so my apologies if I over post this....05 ...
    Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven

coolant temp sensor location, 05 V

I reasearched a while and couldn't find what I was looking for, so my apologies if I over post this....05 V...car runs fine, but intermittently, digital and analog guage reads over heat, along with infotainment readings of; "idle engine" and "overheat shut off engine" no engine code besides "lean bank one".....1st guess, temp sensor..need location on it for self service...all feedback greatly appreciated.. :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: coolant temp sensor location, 05 V

The water temperature sensor screws into the driver's side head close to the front where the intake tube resides.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

See that brass thing that's not totally screwed in below the #1 cylinder (the one with the aftermarket springs)?

If you're looking to replace it, it's about $22 at Autozone and you'll need a 3/4" wrench to remove it.

Yea wasn't too bad, removed intake box and bam....drove after replacing and temp shot to 280 and I cut engine off..waited a bit and hvnt had a problem since..weird eh?

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

By "intake box," you mean your cold air intake?

Lol...no CAI, too loud...maybe next year when she's forced fed....factory airbox...lol

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsfan4life View Post
    Yea wasn't too bad, removed intake box and bam....drove after replacing and temp shot to 280 and I cut engine off..waited a bit and hvnt had a problem since..weird eh?
    I would refresh the grounds located under the hood. This includes the main battery ground, the 3 grounds located on the back of the cylinder heads and one located underneath the hood support rod. These grounds become oxidized and should be hit with some sandpaper, small file, or other abrasive. Star washers can also help. The computer uses these circuits for reference voltages such that grounds not directly related to one circuit can cause issues (such as a gauge malfunction) with another circuit.

Interesting....I'll have to do that tomorrow if it acts up..lol

Darkman, looks like I'm gonna need to do this today...driving home yesterday analog and digital gauge went haywire...car seemed fine so I drove it home...no steam and when guages were normal temp was normal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.