Interesting story!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By EdmundGTP
  • 2 Post By caseyschier
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Interesting story! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Yesterday was not a good day for me. I woke up at about 8 and went to the workout room. ...
    caseyschier is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Interesting story!

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I woke up at about 8 and went to the workout room. I got gas at Valero in my V before heading over there, and soon after leaving, my car started bucking around and acting quite strange. I went and ahead and went to the workout room, but by the time I got there, I determined I couldn't leave the car off for 40+ minutes because I was afraid it wouldn't crank again. I heard a rattling noise underneath the car, towards the back, so I assumed maybe the transmission was acting up. I went ahead and took it to Kwik Kar (just for them to see what was up) and they determined that my throw out bearing needed some work and that something seemed to be wrong with my fuel pump, or something of the sort. The car also wouldn't crank, so we were going to need to tow it somewhere. I was quite ticked because my car really hasn't given me any problems at all for the time I've had it, and by the looks of the situation, I was thinking that I was only going to get headaches from the thing from there on out. I left my car at Kwik Kar and headed home. Needing to go to work, I had to take my mom's car, and her car needed gas. I just so happened to go to the same gas station that I'd stopped by that morning and to my surprise, every one of the premium fuel pumps was out of service. That got me wondering. I went inside and asked about it and the lady said that the tanker truck that stocks the underground tanks at the station had SWITCHED the diesel and the premium gas! Diesel was put in the premium tank, and vice versa. That simultaneously pissed me off and made me really happy/relieved me pretty quickly. I now knew what the problem was and I was also informed Valero's insurance company would be covering all damage that happened to my V. I'm about to milk that for what it's worth too. They're paying for the car to get towed to the dealership, the rental car, and the whole fuel system to be flushed, and replaced most likely. My headache is gone now, haha. The "comparable replacement" that the rental company gave us is a Kia Optima....... needless to say I was irked when my mother brought that home. Interesting day to say the least, I am just glad I happened to go back to the same gas station. I'd sol ifI hadn't! O_O

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Re: Interesting story!

wow! Bad but good at the same time. Glad they are paying for it. Wonder how many cars got messed up.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

That is definitely what I'd call a cool story, bro.
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Crazy.....that's one Of those stories that you just can't makeup....wow

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Kia Optima.....really?

I'd be doing reverse donuts in that turd until I ran out of parking lot.

I know! The car problems were such a day ruiner, but the redemption was nice haha. And I don't know exactly how many cars got messed up, nor what time the service station found out what happened. It really sucks for all the people whose diesel engines now have unleaded in them, as they'll be needing significant repairs done. Hopefully they're able to find out about what happened and have that insurance company cover it. yeah... Kia Optima... I'm actually 18, so only my parents can drive it, but I have my mom's Expedition until about Monday or Tuesday. Has a decent amount of get up and go, so whatever. I was just so afraid yesterday because I'd paid for my V and I didn't want to be stuck fixing it for forever after just having paid it off! In fact, my 18th birthday was Tuesday, so I was a little irritated that my birthday money would be going towards *fixing* my car instead of buying the lt headers I planned on installing, hahaha. It's all good now though, thank the Lord!!!!!

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Yeah, that reminds me when I had a Yamaha R1 and stopped at a cheap gas station. It ran like crap until I burn all of that gas out. I now just stick to gas stations I am familiar with and sure hope they don't switch the premium with deisel!

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by caseyschier View Post
    The "comparable replacement" that the rental company gave us is a Kia Optima....... needless to say I was irked when my mother brought that home.
    Ha, as a former employee of Hertz... you could be MUCH worse-off. If it's a new Optima, they're actually not that bad.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Thanks for sharing, crazy story!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Oh wow! That was a very unexpected twist in your story, Caseyschier. Sorry you had to go through that. But I'm happy you randomly decided to go back to the same gas station and are now being compensated properly!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

i am NOT gay

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Bet that tanker driver gets the ax ... as probably he should. I mean, that's probably the first thing they tell those guys NOT to do.

Glad you figured out the issue.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Boy, I am too. Should be getting it back tomorrow. I'm tired of driving other people's cars. Manual >>>> automatic

TheLostDriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

You should tell them to buy you a new motor just in case the diesel caused your motor to knock......

Yeah, uhh, I'll be needing a new LS7, please and thanks.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.