Steering problems!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CadzillaTN
  • 2 Post By JDB
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Steering problems! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, need some help! Bumped a curb hard with my V. Broke a wheel and bent the subframe on ...
    yframe65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-V

Steering problems!

Hey guys, need some help! Bumped a curb hard with my V. Broke a wheel and bent the subframe on the passenger side. Had both replaced and got her back from the shop last weekend. Mechanic said it is aligned and that he got it perfect... It tracks true and turns to the right great, but when I turn left there is a lot of tire noise and it doesn't want to go that way very well at all. any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bigtuna819 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Steering problems!

Could be the pump... But I'd take it back and have them re-align it or take the service manager for a ride in the car

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi yframe65,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experiencing this after your accident! Were you at a Cadillac dealership for the repairs? If not, taking your vehicle for diagnosis at a Cadillac dealer may be a great next step for you. Bigtuna's suggestion to have a technician go for a demonstration with you in your V is also excellent!

Feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

yframe65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-V
    It's at my mechanic now, but may be out of his league... Dealer is the next step

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Man there are alot if things it could be. First thing that comes to mind is suspension, you might have a seized shock on one side. You might have binding sway on one side or the sway bar is not alignedin general (if aftermarket) Worn sway bar bushing or a loose bracket would be an issue. Could be loose steering rack bolt(s). Could be a wacked rack-you did hit a curb. Could be a bent inner tie rod, bent control arm(s). Could be low air pressure in one tire, front or rear. My rear right tire has a super slow leak and when it gets low just by 2psi the V pulls to the right and it's harder to steer left. Could be the steering column binding in one direction. Could be bad tires. Maybe the alignment is bad even though it tracks straight. When the wheels turn, more of the other measurements come into play like caster and camber. Alignment and tires are big.

If you go into a dealer blind you are asking for a big league ass violation. Stay lubed my friend.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi yframe65,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experiencing this after your accident! Were you at a Cadillac dealership for the repairs? If not, taking your vehicle for diagnosis at a Cadillac dealer may be a great next step for you. Bigtuna's suggestion to have a technician go for a demonstration with you in your V is also excellent!

Feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Not sure if I'm the only one... while appreciate Cadillac Customer Service playing an active role on this forum, it has its own forum. Your "I'm so sorry you're having X problem. Go to your nearest Cadillac dealership for repairs." is getting tiresome. We all realize the dealership is an option. We come to the forums for a actual car owner knowledge to fix (and mod) our cars. Otherwise, everyone should just stop asking questions and go to our dealer. If that's the case, no need to come to this forum anymore.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Not sure if I'm the only one... while appreciate Cadillac Customer Service playing an active role on this forum, it has its own forum. Your "I'm so sorry you're having X problem. Go to your nearest Cadillac dealership for repairs." is getting tiresome. We all realize the dealership is an option. We come to the forums for a actual car owner knowledge to fix (and mod) our cars. Otherwise, everyone should just stop asking questions and go to our dealer. If that's the case, no need to come to this forum anymore.
    Thanks for the input, JBD! Sometimes the threads are moved from the customer service space to the community space, which is great because it may draw more community members' attention to the various queries. I definitely don't want to offend by my posts; I know you all are well aware of the dealer option, so I'm really sorry if my posts ever indicate otherwise!

Don't want to threadjack -- I just wanted to let you know your feedback was heard. My posts are to let you know I'm always available as an option if you all want to follow up on any concerns with me, but I can definitely appreciate the fact that you all are usually seeking DIY opinions from other owners and mostly prefer that option.

Katie

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Where was Cadillac when these cars were still under warranty?

This site has jumped the shark. I can only hope that the owner got paid nicely fort selling out to the bots.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Cadillac is stepping up to the plate and you complain?

You should apologize, you're being a tool. I wish they had the resource to do this years ago.

I had a hard to steer issue from 20,000 miles to 70,000 miles with my V. Turned out there was sludge in the power steering system, but flushing the system is not warranty and was never done. A rack, a few pumps etc... And the tech says "try flushing the system, it'll cost you $139". Problem solved.. You wrecked, go to a top notch suspension shop and find out what's up.

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    Cadillac is stepping up to the plate and you complain?

You should apologize, you're being a tool. I wish they had the resource to do this years ago.
    There is a separate forum for Cadillac reps. It's the first one on the main page of forums. If someone wants their input, post there.

How does the Rep coming to the specific car forums saying to go to your dealer helping anyone? (...except fill Cadillac Service Dept. schedule.) I think everyone know the dealer is an option. If the Rep actually answered the issue, then it's a resource. If the issue is that someone is having an issue with a dealer, then they're a good resource to go to ...in their forum. Or find it here and offer their help.

You don't think it's also a coincidence that Reps show up after the majority of our cars are no longer under warranty?
    Bigtuna819 and Bigtuna819 like this.

I think it's great that they care enough about our out of warranty hoopties that they even read about V1. Cadillac is paying someone to give a poop about you. Feel the love!

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    I think it's great that they care enough about our out of warranty hoopties that they even read about V1. Cadillac is paying someone to give a poop about you. Feel the love!
    I'm so sorry that you're blind to their intentions. You should contact your local Cadillac dealer to be bent over for service.

Yep, I'm blind all right. Those bastards probably want me to buy another Cadillac!

I will comply...

But I'm not stupid, the local Caddy dealer just gave me a bid for $1,750 for a front suspension problem on my TBSS. LOL, it was $609 repair at the independent shop (where the guy actually knows his ass from a hole in the ground).

To bad the OP doesn't have his location up, someone could refer him to a good suspension shop.

I'm so sorry that you're blind to their intentions. You should contact your local Cadillac dealer to be bent over for service.
    When I wanted a hot rod Sedan in the 80's, I had to get a Grey Market car, the dealership wouldn't touch it, no warranty, no nothing. Cadillac has taken a baby step in the right direction here, it may not be the perfect step but it's a damn good one! I think it's nice to see some type of factory involvement in out of production, older vehicles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.