New Tires On.... Very happy - GSD3's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Tires On.... Very happy - GSD3's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My V has 2500 miles on it and I was just finally tired of those EMT's I am Very, very, ...
    ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

New Tires On.... Very happy - GSD3's

My V has 2500 miles on it and I was just finally tired of those EMT's I am Very, very, very happy with the new Goodyear GSD3's , I left Goodyear and had about an 8 mile freeway drive to my office, it actually felt like a new car, I'm serious. It was smoother, softer over typical raod bumps and the number 1 issue is 100% gone..... No Vibration at all at any speed!!! Nada, None.

I didn't get to test them to see if and how much they will help reduce wheel hop. I had to rush to a softball playoff game from work, then had 2 beers after and decided it would not be a good idea to lay rubber on the way home with beer on the breath :drinker , no where near .08 CA limit, but still not worth it Plus..... by the time I got off the freeway at my exit 20minutes later after leaving the game, I had to pee so bad if there still was major wheel hop, my bladder just might not have been strong enough to handle it

Why Goodyears for me..... It was between the these GSD3's and the Potenza S03's (do a search, there's a great thread with multiple tire choices available), I chose these because my friend works for a Goodyear shop so I got a great deal.

VinMan out......

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darvish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 sedan , 11 Wagon

Thumbs up Re: New Tires On.... Very happy - GSD3's

I am glad to hear you like the GSD3s. They are on my short list for new tires when the time comes. I have been very happy with them on my 220 HP Super 7. I run slicks on it when doing a track day BUT have driven the GSs on the track prior to going to race rubber, I still use the GSs for rain tires and daily driving on the steet.

Bill Varnum
    St Louis MO

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Re: New Tires On.... Very happy - GSD3's

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvinman
    My V has 2500 miles on it and I was just finally tired of those EMT's I am Very, very, very happy with the new Goodyear GSD3's , I left Goodyear and had about an 8 mile freeway drive to my office, it actually felt like a new car, I'm serious. It was smoother, softer over typical raod bumps and the number 1 issue is 100% gone..... No Vibration at all at any speed!!! Nada, None.

I didn't get to test them to see if and how much they will help reduce wheel hop. I had to rush to a softball playoff game from work, then had 2 beers after and decided it would not be a good idea to lay rubber on the way home with beer on the breath :drinker , no where near .08 CA limit, but still not worth it Plus..... by the time I got off the freeway at my exit 20minutes later after leaving the game, I had to pee so bad if there still was major wheel hop, my bladder just might not have been strong enough to handle it

Why Goodyears for me..... It was between the these GSD3's and the Potenza S03's (do a search, there's a great thread with multiple tire choices available), I chose these because my friend works for a Goodyear shop so I got a great deal.

VinMan out......
    VinMan, you get my vote for most entertaining thread of the week.

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

thanks Stealth.

My wife thinks I'm a lunatic because I even crack myself up when I write some posts .
    Since I have wireless in my house, I'm usually doing these emails late evening sitting next to her while she's watching some TV show off of TiVo (like Oprah.....Uggg)

L8er

VinMan out....

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvinman
    Since I have wireless in my house, I'm usually doing these emails late evening sitting next to her while she's watching some TV show off of TiVo (like Oprah.....Uggg)
    I bought the bloody TiVo.

I went in and set up season passes on a bunch of good stuff on Speed Channel.

And now what's hogging the disk? SHE found the remote. SHE started figuring out how to use the thing. Now I've got two days to watch my SCCA Runoffs or Legends of Motorsport before it gets crowded off the disk by Everybody Loves Raymond (n-o-t!), or the latest dump-em-down-a-rathole-and-see-who-crawls-out 'reality' show. Okay, I like Alton Brown too, but otherwise...

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Alton rocks - We even have his trademark salt dispenser.

Rob Ketcham is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was cracking up reading about the GSD3s and the Tivo. I wonder how many V owners also have Tivo and similar tales to tell about HER. I have the little Tivo guy decal on my V's rear quarter window. They do go together, right?
    Anyway, thought others might like to know that today I got my new GSD3s courtesy of Cadillac. I complained when having the rear pinion seal install about the fact that the original tires were almost worn out at 14000 miles. Cadillac ( or the dealer or the car gods somewhere) managed to give me a new set of tires including doing a road force balance which I had insisted on.
    I'm heading out Saturday for a 2400 mile road trip so they will get a workout and I'm looking forward to it.
    Rob Ketcham

drdsgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Gosh darnit. I am beginning to feel quite inept. I just put new GSD3's on my V and had to actually pay for them. My run flats had 12,000 miles on them, I didn't think to ask Caddie to pay for them. Then I read this thread about all the great lease deals everyone got, and I leased my V in March and paid a premium for it, above sticker price. At least I got a good deal on my Corsa exhaust--had it installed for $80. Oh, I forgot, someone probably posted they got paid to install the Corsa on their V. I drove into the car wash this week, all proud of my new Corsa sound, and this young guy drives in with a very noisely Vette and very provocative looking girlfriend. He asked about my exhaust, and of course I found out he has a Corsa exhaust. He also has a twin turbo 1100 horsepower Vette. What a week. Still love my V with the sound and great tires.

ds

ylwjacket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I feel your pain. I'm glad to hear that someone else gets the same breaks as me all the time. I'm going to put a Charlie Brown sticker in my rear window.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

ds,

I totally agree (wish I could have gotten someone to pay for my tires), right now they've made it here (on my dime) and are IN (not ON) the V (yes all 4 fit nicely). Heck even the dealer wanted $80 to check my brake squeal (which I didn't do), and they've even charged me for some of my rental expenses, I don't get this wonderful service experience (on dealer #2 so far), but that's a rant of a different flavor.

-Ben

cadillac04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Doesn't anyone get coupons from the dealer???????
    I just got a State inspection, Emission inspection , and a tire rotation for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh. I had to pay for an oil ( Mobil 1 ) change with filter. Just $19.95. I beleive the total that I saved was about $118 not including the tax on that .
    The oil change was questionable but the coupon did not say any additional for Mobil 1. So I got the price.
    Better check your mail.
    I'm waiting for a great tire deal from anyone for I can get get new treads. With the holidays coming maybe some deals are just waiting out there. Have 7400 miles with 5/32 .I rotate every 3500 or so. With the cold weather my tires are showing low pressure in the a.m. but after I drive the pressure is o.k. I have put air in for the third time just to get the readings up. Until the cold is consistent it's such a pain.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Got mine on today. Will give a report soon.

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Just ordered a set of GS-D3 tires from our friends at the rack. $214 a pop plus shipping. I am a Micehlin guy, but the Pilot Sport 2 was not available in the exact size, and I'm not paying for the older model (even if I did like them on other cars). The original EMTs are just too much $, and my Caddy dealer can't mount EMTs anyhow... if someone is going to chip a wheel, let it be someone who can replace the wheel easily.

I also b*tched a bit about my tires being at the wear indicators, ONLY at the center tread, at under 6k miles. I keep an eye on the tire readout, and adjust so I'm at 31psi cold (GM recommended). If the wear was even, I wouldn't complain... but something is just not right. If alignment was off, I would have expected wear at the sides or feathering of some sort... I have far more tread at the sides. Anyone figured out the cause? They are going to have the regional rep look at the original tires the next time in... apparently he was not averse to taking a look and talking reimbursement.

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

globed70,

Please let us know if you hear anything from Cadillac about the uneven wear. I have just over 6k miles and the same wear pattern you describe. I haven't talked to the dealer about it yet, but it would be great to be able to go in with proof that someone has been reimbursed due to the uneven wear.

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Never as easy as one thinks...

Got the GS-D3 tires... and the Caddy dealer, who said they could swap to a non-run-flat now says they cannot even get the run-flat off the rim. Off to Goodyear I go to swap the tires. The place I went has the right machinery to dismount the runflat and has only ruined one pressure sensor (until today, of course). Sure enough, one of the pressure sensors got torn off (a bit humid this morning probably helped... I watched and the whole dismount didn't look like much fun). Need to go back Monday when the new sensor arrives, and fortunately they don't need to dismount the entire tire to slip the thing in. Thusfar not enough miles to report on the tires, but will get back to all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.