Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hello to the 04-07 V forum.

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Rakenjevnk 
#1 ·
Just wanted to throw my first post up to say hello to the community.

I went to look at a 2004 cts-v last week and I was pleased with the test drive. I struck a deal with the owner and when he gets back from his trip (2 weeks... :bigroll:). I will most likely be picking it up.

The two problems I've noticed with the car are first - a clunking noise in the transmission upon clutch use (didn't notice it on the highway). I've diagnosed this as a faulty rear dif bushing and plan to get the creative steal block + bushing and do it myself.
The other problem is just the dash buttons are peeling, I intend to pull them out and paint them gloss black before painting the indicators back on in white and then clearcoating.

The car is an 04 with 87xxx Kms, any other tid bits I may want to consider before buying the car would be appreciated.

and once again a big hello to the Cadillac community! :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Where is Lindsay Cadillac located? I'm near Lethbridge, AB in Canada. My local dealer said I need to replace the whole nav deck I laughed, and referred to the DIY I found through this amazing forum. I'll give them a call and see tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the info btw

#6 ·
All of our cars have clunky shifting due to the rubber piece on the driveshaft. You should find out whether or not the differential has been replaced with a newer model before you plunk down your cash - 04/05's had issues. BTW welcome to another Canadian CTS-V soon to be driver - from your neighbor over in Manitoba.

G
#7 ·
Don't worry about your diff unless you are beating it with clutch dumps and banging 2nd gear. Your clunk sounds like parade clunk which is mostly caused by the dual mass flywheel. I've never heard of a driveshaft flex disc causing that unless it was completely damaged. It is more likely that you would have severe vibration than clunking. It is a good idea to change the diff bushing anyhow. If its not bad now, it will be at some point.

Lindsay Cadillac is in Virginia. Luke sells the radio buttons individually.

#8 ·
Hm.....well on the plus side the clunk got his price down so I can't complain. It doesn't bother me too much just a little annoying when you go to release the load and press the clutch in to shift. I don't intend to race the car often maybe once and a while when I get edged on a little too much aside from that I do an hour and a half or more on the highway everyday so at least its a comfortable ride. It also has the gm stage 2 (guessing on the stage, if I recall) lowering kit installed and it still rides nice.

G
#9 ·
You'll learn how to drive it so it doesn't clunk as bad. It's a common issue for people who just purchase them and it gets less annoying as you learn to drive it smoother. I'm not sure what a GM Stage 2 Lowering Kit is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.