CTS-V moves gently forward when put in gear!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By rand49er
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V moves gently forward when put in gear!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I bought a 2005 CTS-V with only 30K miles on it a couple months ago and I am loving it. ...
    av8erdunn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CTS-V moves gently forward when put in gear!!

I bought a 2005 CTS-V with only 30K miles on it a couple months ago and I am loving it. I installed a set of Kooks headers and cats coupled to a corsa exhaust with a diablo sport tune and all I can say is "wow" what a difference from stock. I have recently started having an issue upon putting the car in gear from a stand still. It doesnt matter which gear I go in, there is resistance (hasnt been there before) and the car will roll forward a couple inches and fall into gear. I have a firm clutch with no slippage and I have no idea what would be causing this. It doesnt roll because its on a hill or anything, it will do it on flat ground. Once it has rolled and popped in gear as long as I do not let off the clutch, I can take it out of gear and put it back in gear with no movement but once I let off the clutch it will do it all over again.
    Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: CTS-V moves gently forward when put in gear!!

Thoroughly bleed the hydraulic clutch system, then report back here if you still have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by av8erdunn View Post
    ... Kooks headers and cats coupled to a corsa exhaust ...
    PISNUOFF and PISNUOFF like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Keeping the clutch fluid fresh and bled regularly is necessary on the V...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Sounds like I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Thanks for the fast replies.

PISNUOFF Guest

Bleed it properly using the bleeder that barely sticks out of the bell housing. Not the siphon and fill method.

50 4Ever is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)

You might have what I had on my '05, The flywheek was 0.020" too deep and was not letting the clutck fully disengage. I had problems getting it into gear also and when I took it to the dealer then notices that it shifted into all gears with no resistance - when the engine was off. But with the engine running the gears in the tranny were moving causing the problem. I'll see if I can find my old thread....

Found it HERE...

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

it moves when your synchros engage. huge increases in wear.

Ok, I tried bleeding the system but what happen is odd. I topped off the reservoir and had a friend,pump and hold the pedal while I cracked the bleed valve with a hose attached. Well when I crack the valve I can hear stuff creaking when the pressure is relieved , I then close the valve and when he takes his foot off the clutch the pedal stays down and he has to manually pull the clutch back up which is fine. My problem is I dont know were my fluid went. It didnt come out the hose or valve but it went down in the reservoir.

Any ideas?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I think you have air in the system. Usually this is caused during the bleeding process if you don't refill the reservoir quickly enough - it is small.

This thread has some variations on the bleeding procedure:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ng-clutch.html

I have filled the reservoir up 2 times while doing this and have yet to get any fluid out of the bleed valve. I think i think I would have gotten something out by now.

Is there any fluid coming from the bottom of the bellhousing under the car? How much did you loosen the bleeder bolt?

No fluid coming from the bell housing and I cracked it about 1/4-1/2 turn; only enough to hear the clutches relaxing. Now I may go out tomorrow and see fluid that has came out of the bell housing but as of now there is none.

Thanks for the help,
    Jeremy

My guess is the bleeder is not open enough and the fluid is going down the side into the bellhousing. The bleeder is not very stout so you do have to be careful not to strip or break it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.