Door electronics problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Door electronics problem in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am having a problem with my car. It has happened a few times now and seems to be pretty ...
    madramper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Door electronics problem

I am having a problem with my car. It has happened a few times now and seems to be pretty random. The window and door lock switch work fine and work the other doors, but the drivers door lock and window don't work. Also, when you open the door to get out, the door won't unlock automatically and the radio stays on. Then it seems like the next time you start it, its back to normal and everything works. Is this a common problem? Any ideas before I tear the door apart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by madramper
    I am having a problem with my car. It has happened a few times now and seems to be pretty random. The window and door lock switch work fine and work the other doors, but the drivers door lock and window don't work. Also, when you open the door to get out, the door won't unlock automatically and the radio stays on. Then it seems like the next time you start it, its back to normal and everything works. Is this a common problem? Any ideas before I tear the door apart?
    I would check the wires where they go into the door near the hinge. Maybe something is getting pinched.

jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

Re: Door electronics problem

Mine does that randomly when its wet outside

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Sounds like the harness may be loose or a bad door pin switch?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Sorry to hear that, Madramper! I'd recommend visiting a dealer so a technician can run some diagnostic tests to see what's causing your driver's side concerns. If you prefer the Do-It-Yourself approach, though, I can appreciate that and hope you'll keep us in the loop!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

madramper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Sorry for the delay, I guess I was not getting notification emails.

Anyway, I replaced the driver's door module and all is well now. Thanks!

Cadispeedster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V, Dec 20, 2005

Thread back alive...

Having similar issue. Personalization system seems to be stuck off and can't turn it back on. So the personalization options do not work nor does any of the driver side control buttons, such as the driver side lock an unlock / windows up and down, and driver 1&2 buttons... Took to cadillac for diagnosis and they said the radio navigation unit needs to be replaced. It all communicates together. $1600+ for new unit plus install.

Now looking for options to replace the radio with an aftermarket while getting the driver side window buttons to work again. Really unhappy about this. I know there's a way to get a normal cts radio but not sure if it'll fix the issue with the driver side buttons not working.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.