Thinking about a 2006 CTS V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thinking about a 2006 CTS V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm sure your car is sweet, but I am not sure about buying a modded car and even then I ...
    Teamsorad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Thinking about a 2006 CTS V

I'm sure your car is sweet, but I am not sure about buying a modded car and even then I am looking to pay around the fair/good price on kBB, excellent is around 20k. Mods are tricky especially for resale, I learned that from selling my Hondas with swaps and stuff. Never can get your money back.

I would love to find a V for around 17-19k

gsx-lex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cts-V

Keep looking they are out there. Coming from the world of performance DSM/Evos, I can also relate to the hesitance about buying a modded car, but keep in mind that these are not your typical 10-20k Honda/Mitsu, these cars were priced starting at $50k. Hopefully, if you are going to mod an expensive car, you are going to do it right. Sure, you'll find exception to that rule, but typically most CTS-V that I have seen are properly modded.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Nice...where are you located? @Overd0s3

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

To give a bit of an idea of what's going on with the V1 value: I just sold my '05, 76k miles, no roof, B&M shifter, CAGS, Catback, near new tires, 10k on the front and rear brakes, I bought the car in '04, all wheels had at least minor curb rash, 3 teeny door dings, road rash and a couple of scuffs on the original paint on the cone, flawless interior, tired 7 year old tint on the windows, near new dealer installed LS7 clutch, flywheel and slave, spare on a factory rim, slight clunk in the left front (probably sway bar bushings), top of head lights showing age, original rear end since I never beat the crap out of the car... The car looked very good.

They lined up and fought over the car, it went just over $18,000. I know the buyer got an excellent car with no defects. I had agreed to a price with a fellow, so I rejected a better offer. Probably could have gotten close to $19k for it had I waited a few more days.

Funny listening to the guys that dragged their feet, they were all surprised when the called after a few days on Autotrader and it was gone, especially the dopes that called and waited a week to get back to me to come have a look. The used car market is hot. If you can find a clean lightly modded car from the original owner get on it!

Rambo76098 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Koooop is right on with the pricing, just bought an 05 V with sunroof, relatively new window tint, 72K for $17,500. Mine needs new tires, a new side mirror glass, some minor paint work, haze on top of the headlights, and minor curb rash repair. Still has original diff I believe.

Pluses were got the color I wanted (Stealth Gray), the interior is pristine, and it's completely unmodified - sucker still has CAGS.

Just came across this one

http://www.canamimports.com/inventor...SPEED%20MANUAL

Looks to be okay? and has a car fax but not sure if this is bad or good...

Fresh "Stage II" rebuild on Tremec Trans. Brand New LS-7 Clutch kit with remote bleeder installed. Brand new Creative Steel motor and trans mounts. Brand new rear diff bushing.
    I am in the seattle area so there isn't any Black Vs on autotrader at all which sucks, plenty in my price range every where else though....

PrelateBishop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Teamsorad, I have a lead on a vehicle that will interest you. Shoot me an e-mail for details.

email sent

454Casull is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6MT

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm also looking at a 2006 V. Any particular issues I should be looking out for? Difficulty shifting, diff whine... etc.?

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Teamsorad View Post
    Just came across this one

http://www.canamimports.com/inventor...SPEED%20MANUAL

Looks to be okay? and has a car fax but not sure if this is bad or good...
    That is very good. It has a brand new trans and all the mounts are good and aren't going to need replacing over and over. Also, the LS7 clutch has a flywheel that's lighter and won't crap out and make driveability clunky. It should also allow for some more power to the wheels because the engine is spinning about 14 lbs less weight.

U crazy newbs that think mods are bad.... haha

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

Quote Originally Posted by GDPossehl View Post
    That is very good. It has a brand new trans and all the mounts are good and aren't going to need replacing over and over. Also, the LS7 clutch has a flywheel that's lighter and won't crap out and make driveability clunky. It should also allow for some more power to the wheels because the engine is spinning about 14 lbs less weight.

U crazy newbs that think mods are bad.... haha
    Plus, if he did beat it and wear it out, the items that would have been damaged have been replaced. Make certain the diff doesn't whine & you are good to go. There is a difference between modifications & improvements needed due to "design" issues - the latter is ok. With exception of the trans rebuild, you will most likely be looking to do the other items to a V you buy that is stock, regardless of how much of a purest you are.
    GDPossehl and GDPossehl like this.

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

Feel free to check out my 07 under warranty as well... price recently dropped
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...rranty-21.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.