police hit MY car!!!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, police hit MY car!!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My $.02, Be nothing but a gentleman, and don't trying to win the world, talk to a lawyer, get what ...
    nvthev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v

Re: police hit MY car!!!!!

My $.02, Be nothing but a gentleman, and don't trying to win the world, talk to a lawyer, get what you deserve (car repairs, decreased value payment, any pain you might be in).

muncipalitys have huge insurance companys to work for them in lawsuits they are a pain in the ass to deal with,hence talk to a lawyer, and cops remember people who try to screw them over and be jerks, so do their colleages, and yes it was his fault, and they will fix your car, and you if need be.
    But the next time you are running 10 over the posted, he might say "that guy was pretty cool when i hit him" or he might say, that guys a jerk and tried to screw me and the PD hardcore, lets give him a ticket.
    Don't ask me how i know, i just do.

Keep records of everything done to the car, pics, repairs, so if you do sell it, you can show a patencial buyer what happen and why car fax shows and accident. I bought an impala ss that was wrecked, car fax showed totaled, but when he gave me all the paperwork and pics, it wasn't that bad, i bought it without hesitation, so it sometimes can help.
    Good luck sir.

Talyon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth CTSV & 2004 SRX V8 AWD
    Hey could any guesstimate the dollar amount for the repairs. Oh!!! Im having covert cadillac in austin tx do the repairs.

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Wow, that looks like it hurts, LOL that sucks! The officers have so much electronics in the cars these days that their is just so many distractions to just the elementary basic driving skills. (Just saying to help defend my brother in blue) hope you and your awesome V are and or will be ok.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyon View Post
    Hey could any guesstimate the dollar amount for the repairs. Oh!!! Im having covert cadillac in austin tx do the repairs.
    Well for starters... 1k a piece for head lights, upper grille is 580 lower is 500+. You can save or make money if you can get the parts from luke at lindsay and have the shop reimburse you for the retail amount. I had my wheels powder coated instead of replacing three lower grille. Just a thought.

kciaccio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dangrus View Post
    Some older body shops do not report to Carfax. My body shop said it is not a requirement for them so they don't waste their time with it.
    It's not the body shop I would be worried about. The police report goes on Carfax and Autocheck. They will flag accident, case number and usually how severe the accident is. If you car was disabled it will put that. There is a 90% chance it will be on those reports in about 4 to 5 months. Trust me. I read them all day for my job as a buyer at a dealership.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Maybe they need to make the brush guards a little smaller on the cop cars

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by talyon View Post
    hey could any guesstimate the dollar amount for the repairs. Oh!!! Im having covert cadillac in austin tx do the repairs.
    3-4k

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    3-4k
    That's a lot more than 3-4, that's at least 10,000 if there's no frame damage. He pretty much needs a whole new front-end

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

That sux my man...good luck with the repairs.....

Be civil to the cop....not all of them are bad guys.....accidents do happen.....

...and just think....the cop has a boss, a Lt and a Capt to answer to....it is not going to be a walk in the park for him either....

Bottomline: He wrecked your car....car will be fixed....and both of you walked away....things can ALWAYS be worse....

Cadillac1980 is offline Banned
    In the words of the late great EAZY E and NWA "**** THE POLICE"

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by RADEoN View Post
    i like how everyone is talking all this shit on the cop like he did it on purpose. what the **** people, it's an ACCIDENT. not a PURPOSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    That sux my man...good luck with the repairs.....

Be civil to the cop....not all of them are bad guys.....accidents do happen.....

...and just think....the cop has a boss, a Lt and a Capt to answer to....it is not going to be a walk in the park for him either....

Bottomline: He wrecked your car....car will be fixed....and both of you walked away....things can ALWAYS be worse....
    Being listed as a professional driver and having attended way to many safety classes.
    They preached and usually proved.
    "There is no such thing as a vehicle accident".
    The only exception ever offered.
    If rear ended by an airplane that is falling from the sky while backing up.

Hire a Lawyer to be sure you are fully compensated.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I would avoid a lawyer unless you're getting a lot of resistiance, or are seriously injured . No attorney in his right mind would touch a PD case like this, there's no money in it for them. *You* would be paying *him* out of pocket as opposed to him receiving a percentage of the settlement amount in say, a large five-six figure+ B/I case.

If you need someone to handle the BS for you, call your own insurance carrier. That's what you're paying them $100+/month for...

and don't let them scare you about any nonsense that your premiums will go up. If they try to pull that stunt in a clearly 100% at fault TP auto accident threaten to drop them.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac1980 View Post
    In the words of the late great EAZY E and NWA "**** THE POLICE"
    Hahah.....true....that's the other angle....

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

OK, maybe just a skeptic here but those pics look so photoshopped I'm getting cross-eyed.

Talyon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth CTSV & 2004 SRX V8 AWD
    I took the pic with my droidx, no photo shoping here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.