Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ipod with Axxess - how does it work?

815 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  madramper 
#1 ·
I just bought an 04 CTS-V and I'm working through figuring out what mods it actually has. One of the mods is an ipod connection in the console. When I plug my ipod in, the screen on the ipod changes and says Axxess, however it pauses the ipod and nothing else happens. I've scrolled through the bands on the radio, but it only has fm, xm, am. No option for ipod. I pulled the dash apart to get to the "white box" that the ipod plugs into. All it says is GM. No other letters/numbers that I can see. Can someone shed some light on this for me? How do I get my ipod to play?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have a similar box, that I'm currently having issues with. Change your band to XM and you should be able to get it to play your ipod. Most of these boxes use the XM band as input. Unfortunately, the buttons on the radio will control the box, but you have no idea what they do. Just mess around with them and pay close attention to what they do.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info!

You said "when it works". What happens when it doesnt? Will it still show Axxess on the ipod and just not play? Mine seems hit or miss to even show up as Axxess, but never plays. I may just have to pull it out and get something new in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.