Pa15-vette help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pa15-vette help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hooked up the pa15 and now the nav won't switch to xm... Fm1, fm2, and am only. Anyone else run ...
    Bigtuna819 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Pa15-vette help

Hooked up the pa15 and now the nav won't switch to xm... Fm1, fm2, and am only. Anyone else run into this?

----------

It charges the phone, but can't get the radio to switch in the xm input... Unhook everything, and hook the regular wire harness back up and the xm works fine...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

Re: Pa15-vette help

I had the same problem when I first installed and it turned out that I hadn't really plugged the connector into the XM module very well. I hope that your car is still taken apart so you can test and confirm.

Also make sure the dip switches are set up correctly on the PA15 unit - otherwise you'll likely get no connection at all.

----------

Also - USA Spec tech support is spot on. If all else fails - give them a call.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

That problem is indicative of one of two problems (the unspoken third is that the PA15 head unit or your XM unit is dead):

1. You didn't connect everything correctly and securely (agree with perfect).

2. Occasionally, the connection between all of these type of units (not just the USA Spec ones) will blink out if you disconnect your iPod / iPhone a lot while the car is running. The fix is to de-energize the electrical system (disconnect the battery for a minute). It's very rare--I've only had to do it once over the past two years.

jwilson2598 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Mine did it the very first ride I took after installing it. I turned the car off for a minute, then restarted it and it was working again. Hasn't done it since.

Bigtuna819 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the pa15 head unit was dead, just swapped in a new one and everythings good. beware of the ebay and amazon sellers... luckily mine sent me a replacement...

Senor Aguas is offline Cadillac Owners Member

mine did it twice in the beginning and hasn't done it since. not sure why but it works now.

JPGIII is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Just installed my PA-15 and seem to be having the same issues of it turning off and then restarting by itself. Not sure what is going on with it. I have dip 2 on and the other 3 off. Is this the way you all have them?

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

My gf's has done that twice in the 2 yrs since I put it in her SRX for her. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it'll come back. Assuming you have it connected correctly.

acaringnihilist is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
    Mine did it the very first ride I took after installing it. I turned the car off for a minute, then restarted it and it was working again. Hasn't done it since.
    Same here.

caseyschier is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I'm on my third pa15 box. I actually bought it from NeoPro, but it is the same box. The first two were no good and I had a lot of problems with them. This last one finally decided to work, but I do notice that the advanced mode doesn't work consistently (through the 30 pin connector port). I don't know if that's a problem with the DIP switches or not, but I mainly only use the aux cord anyways, so I don't care enough to mess with it anymore.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by caseyschier View Post
    I'm on my third pa15 box. I actually bought it from NeoPro, but it is the same box. The first two were no good and I had a lot of problems with them. This last one finally decided to work, but I do notice that the advanced mode doesn't work consistently (through the 30 pin connector port). I don't know if that's a problem with the DIP switches or not, but I mainly only use the aux cord anyways, so I don't care enough to mess with it anymore.
    Sounds like installer error.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.