Rendezvous at Baker's Restaurant May 6th (Milford, MI) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rendezvous at Baker's Restaurant May 6th (Milford, MI) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by cincyenginerd ... first deal didn't work out .. That's too bad. Well, rather maybe it was meant ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Rendezvous at Baker's Restaurant May 6th (Milford, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by cincyenginerd View Post
    ... first deal didn't work out ..
    That's too bad. Well, rather maybe it was meant to be. Your V is still out there ... waiting. Good luck!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Okay, an hour ago, intellicast.com showed the weather to be partly cloudy and 64 deg on Sunday.

Now, an hour later, it's showing thunderstorms and 76 deg.

I'll check in another hour. Probably show snow and 28 deg.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

So far it's looking like I will be there around 12:30 pending the beautiful MI weather.

Looking forward to it, Jason.

Fickle intellicast is back to partly cloudy and 64 deg for Sunday.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Bigron is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Are we going to try and camp out in one area? I remember a bunch of guys in the back left corner last time.

Yeah, there's usually room in the parking lot near the restaurant itself slightly to rear and to the right of it ... pretty much right in the action.

Seems like just "the regulars" are going to show up. Frustrating.

Ron, could you start a thread in the V2 section and see if anyone there wants to come out? Whaddya think?

It was already started. I will try to text you once I am on my way to see if you guys have a spot
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

Detroit area guys, this Baker's get together and the Woodward Dream Cruise in August are the only two times we really do each year, so I'm hoping we see more V owners tomorrow than just the four or five of us that usually show up. BTW, I'll post up pics tomorrow afternoon.

Weather? Partly cloudy and cooler at 67 deg ... perfect!

Larimer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I may try to get there. Don't think I'm going to the autocross.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Detroit area guys, this Baker's get together and the Woodward Dream Cruise in August are the only two times we really do each year
    We really need to plan a few more! I will be there around 12:45p. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    We really need to plan a few more! I will be there around 12:45p. Looking forward to it!
    I should be pulling almost that exact same time. Maybe we should try to show up at some of these autocross events. I just joined the SCCA, so I'm on their email list. If I wasn't so afraid of embarrassing myself totally, I'd love to do one of those.

Glad to see Larimer will be making it.

Not sure what the accu-Randy weather service is saying but it looks beautiful out. Just did a one over once the car, now it is time for church and then a ~1pm arrival.

Great to see the guys once again! I have to say these Linea Corse wheels of Randy's look outstanding. Pictures don't do these justice...

Ah, yes, Accu-rand49er's weather forecast was spot on. PERFECT weather for Baker's first car show of 2012. About 68-ish deg F and hazy sunshine.

I got there about 12:42 pm, and Den_93 was already there in his black V with Livernois heads/cam/Kooks/Corsa/electric cutouts. I pulled in next to him, and JD03Cobra's Platinum with Kooks/Magnaflow/chrome wheels came in soon after.

Soon, Den_93's buddy, Bob, came in with his brand-new 2012 V2. Still had his temporary tags on it, IIRC.

Torxila (George) wanted me to get a pic of his motor. I'm not sure why, because you can't tell from the photo that he's had his pulleys done, a custom blower cam installed, and of course tuned to over 700 hp. If he wanted to impress Gloria, I don't know why because he was already married to her. Nonetheless, I obliged and here's the pic.

Den_93's had to leave with his 4-year-old son who had a birthday party this afternoon, but he graced us with his electric cutouts and a few revs ... very LOUD revs I might add. The guy in the red 5.0 Mustang came over to me while Den_93 was leaving and shouted to be heard, "Unbelievable." He was astounded at a Caddy sounding like that. Little did he know, the rest of us were, too. Dennis, you out did yourself this time.

Then, Bigron showed up in his V2 and parked where the red Mustang had been (I guess the guy was so shaken by hearing Den_93's car, he couldn't take it anymore), so I took a couple more pics of Bigron's V2, JD03Cobra's Platinum, and yours truly's Stealth Gray.

And one more showing some rear ends ...

Mopars, 'Stangs, Vettes, Lambos, and even a VW bug 4WD that you'd have to see to believe ... and that doesn't even begin to describe all the cars at this first Baker's car show ... and it's FREE! Wish I had lots of time and lots of $ to enjoy all the gorgeous cars that occupy this parking lot every Sunday afternoon throughout the summer. Definitely one of the better shows out there.

Okay, guys ... we need to meet up at an autocross next time then maybe go to Gingerman. I, for one, would love it!

Larimer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Sorry I missed it, looks like a good show. I definitely want to get to Waterford Hills this summer sometime.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.