Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What's your favorite comment/compliment you've gotten on your V??

15K views 101 replies 51 participants last post by  Mark05 
#1 ·
Seems almost everywhere I go I get a compliment or hear people comment on the car! My car has a rough idle that throws people off. So I would like to hear everything people tell all you guys! Alot of people never heard a Cadi rumble!

Favorite I've ever gotten was at a gas station and an older man walked to me and said: "OOOOOOHWEEEE! You put dem pipes on der or it come like dat!?

Everyone please share! I think this could turn out to be a cool thread.

#5 ·
Got two:

1) Last year, someone thought my car was new (it was 6-1/2 yrs old at the time) and

2) The other assistant coach on my son's baseball team (I'm the other one) said, "Man, does your car sound good." This was after I moved it into another parking spot in the school's parking lot. Btw, he's an engineer for Hyundai.

#6 · (Edited)
1) Last year, someone thought my car was new (it was 6-1/2 yrs old at the time) and
Funny people see pictures of my old V and new V parked next to each other and claim they can't tell the difference. Nice to see a design hold up over time.

Randy any MI meets coming up that you have heard of?

#12 ·
I think this may have jinxed me because today...

I'm at stop all way sign... I stop, cop on other stop sign stops... I go ahead (right of way) cop turns with me and then pulls me over and goes "open the dumps". I'm like "what?" so then he says the exhaust dumps and they just wanna hear it. They were insistent and almost giddish. So I open it up and he's like "rev it", so I do and then they give me the thumbs up and were like "that sounds great dude. What do u got done? Is it fast?" And then afterwards, they said bye and left. Talk about a NYPD WTF moment.

#13 ·
Lol that is great! I'm always nervous about those encounters. I've also have been asked for a little rev by our local PD. It could be a cool car guy or it might be some arsehole who is trying to entrap you.

Reactions: odthetruth
#14 ·
went to lunch with a girl who used to admire me in high school--she's completed her nursing degree at this point, which was paid for with the help of her ex-boyfriend. are you seeing the picture I'm painting for you here? I take my time exiting the car, to give her time open her own door. then she says,"the new cadillac is really nice, I like it! then I chuckled and said no, this is a -07, the new body style looks wayyy different.

she did a long, double take at the side of the car--looking so handsome and statuesque in its parking spot.

and in that moment she realized I have her pegged as the gold digger she are--and I might, might not ask when we could hang out again.

thanks to Cadillac Styling, the V's power...

this car is like catnip to social climbers

#18 ·
Had to have a state inspection on the V to get it titled. (Borla cat backs) when I pulled it into the shop I saw a guy bang his head on the hood three doors down. Lady who was running it "open the hood and go back in that room and close the door" . As I am walking away I see a crowd assembling. I walk into the room where my rebuilder is (IL has all kinds of BS for rebuilt titles) and say "watch this". You can hear the commotion growing before a guy busts in the door and says "what the hell do you have here? Is this a special edition or something?". Rebuiler looks at me and goes man you gotta let me drive that car now. He dumped his Mercedes for one. As I leave everyone piles out "discretely" you know I gave them what they wanted. cheers.

#19 ·
At a track event last year. Morning of day 2, I was rotating the tires and bleeding the brakes in the paddock. Two middle-aged local gents walked up and one of them in his Nawth Cackalacky drawl asked, "Now, y'all wouldn't be gettin' ready to take this out there and embarrass some sports cars with it?"

"Well, I don't know about embarrassing any of them..."

"Awww, c'mon now. We saw you out there yesterday. You were faster than all them Vettes. Sounded better, too."

:D

#20 ·
While cruising slowly through one of the scenic overlooks at Deal's Gap with the cutouts open I hear from one of the older bikers "That's a badass Cadillac." Then I heard some more of the same from other bikers when I parked it at the rest stop at the base of the NC side. The black wheels at the time helped the "badass" part.

#22 ·
Was next to a new camaro that came off the off ramp and he kept burpin it so I down shifted and blew the doors off. When we got to a stop light he rolled down the window and told me it sounds "bad ass, that ain't no Cadillac!"

Another was at Autozone I walked in and said hey my car is missing but no check engine light! Could one of you help me? I started the car and with the choppy idle, the guy instantly said "wow that is missing pretty bad..." needless to say, they couldn't diagnose my misfire :)

G
#23 ·
All time favorite from a guy driving a Lotus Exige at the track. My gf at the time overheard him saying this to his buddy.

"What's that guy in the Cadillac think he's doing out here with us?"

After passing him then lapping him in a 20 minute session he just walked past it with his mouth open. I smiled and waved. He obviously had NO idea how to drive his car.

#24 ·
People every where say "That is a beautiful car." "Is it new?" I say it's new to me. Then I tell them it's a 2005 and their jaws drop. I am also amazed at how many people immediatelty know what it is. One guy was describing my car to a buddy, "That's one of those four door Corvettes."

#25 ·
Not really a compliment, but I'll take it...

One of the funniest things I have ever seen...ever, happened today. I pull into my neighborhood this afternoon, and there is an older man, 60's I'd guess riding a bicycle down the street...wearing a helmet. He waved as we approached, I waved back...I don't know this guy, but that's what people do down south. As I passed, he followed the car with his eyes, completely turning his head around as I rumbled by him...then it happened. Since he was eye-f*cking my car like never before, he must have forgotten he was riding a bike, because all I see in the rearview is his front tire hit the curb, and over the bars he went right into someones front yard. Classic. I almost hit a parked car I was laughing so hard. I did not stop or turn around...I did see him get up so I assume he was okay. I wish I had that on video though.

#27 ·
My plate reads "IM LATE" so people allllwaysss take pics on the highway

but my favorite one was at the mall kid about 17 goes :

"DAMN THATS NO CADDY WHAT YOU GOT IN THERE???"

oh also not a verbal compliment but nontheless:

Right after I installed my HID fogs it was night time and I was just cruising on the local roads and a kid maybe 14 in his bicycle couldn't stop staring and turned his head nearly 180 degrees then ran into a sign and fell off his bike I SWEAR it was so funny

#28 ·
Two guys at work had just purchased new cars the same week I picked up my V (about two months ago). One bought a 2011 Mustang (the new 5.0) and the other a new Camaro. The guy with the Camaro emailed me after they saw my car and said, "Well I guess I'm not the fastest car in the parking lot any more." I replied "What do you mean?" (all car are stock and my understanding is it should be a driver's race). He said "I have no chance against a 556 horsepower car." I laughed as I replied that mine was an 07 - the non-supercharged ones.

#29 ·
After i got the cam in my car in dec., i went to the mikes express car wash and pulled in and a girl walked up and goes.." welcome to mikes what can i...did you do something to your car?"
I replied" yeah i put an exhaust on it and some other stuff"....to which she replied...."gosh this thing sounds awsome.."

Then just yesterday i went back to the car wash and the girl was there again.....the conversation went like this....

Girl: oh hey you havnt been in here in a while..
Me: yeah ive been working a lot lately havnt had time to wash it.
Girl: well you need to get in here more often so i can drool over it.....

lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.