DVD player issues!! Please Help!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, DVD player issues!! Please Help!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I'm having issues with my DVD player and wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and could help. ...
    redctsv05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Cts V

DVD player issues!! Please Help!!

So I'm having issues with my DVD player and wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and could help. Anyways, the issue is that my navigation disc is stuck and won't eject from the DVD player and it also won't even recognize that it is in there, when i click on DVD it says no disc inserted. I'm not sure if it is just the navigation disc that is messed up or what because i haven't tried any other DVD's in it and now i can't because it won't come out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    That has happened to me before. I don't think I did anything to try to fix it except turn the nav and the car off and on a bunch of times and it eventually just started working again. That was probably a year ago and it hasn't happened again since.

redctsv05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Cts V

Re: DVD player issues!! Please Help!!

Thanks, I'll give it a shot... hopefully I can get it to work because I just bought the car about a week ago and thats the only issue I have found. If anyone has any other suggestions too that would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    The Nav disk is probably just not sitting right in the shaft of the player.. Use a credit card and poke around in there you should be able to get it to play or at least it will recognize there is a disk in there and it will spit it out...(you should be able to feel yourself pushing the disk around.. if not your on top of it or under it.. you gotta get it right on)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by redctsv05 View Post
    So I'm having issues with my DVD player and wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and could help. Anyways, the issue is that my navigation disc is stuck and won't eject from the DVD player and it also won't even recognize that it is in there, when i click on DVD it says no disc inserted. I'm not sure if it is just the navigation disc that is messed up or what because i haven't tried any other DVD's in it and now i can't because it won't come out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Good morning redctsv05,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Sarah, and myself and Katie serve the community here as Customer Service Representatives for Cadillac. I see you posted this on Friday - have you had any luck getting your navigation disc out? I see you recently purchased the car - was this from a dealership?

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah (Assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

stever06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Hi, I have a 2004 and when I try to load a disk in the player all it does is make a grinding noise anyone have any ideas trying to get Nav firm ware to load.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.