Blown driver side CV boot :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blown driver side CV boot :( in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Gettin a TPMS sensor replaced yesterday and pulled the wheel off only to find grease all over the inside of ...
    Noriega7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Unhappy Blown driver side CV boot :(

Gettin a TPMS sensor replaced yesterday and pulled the wheel off only to find grease all over the inside of the wheel and control arm. Worth replacing the whole shaft or just go for a boot through gm?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Blown driver side CV boot :(

Rock Auto sells them $7.85. Pulling the axle to replace it is no joy though. (Maybe a good time to get a Gforce axle or two if do not already have them.)

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

^^^ Yeah that.

My inner CV boot on the passenger side was spraying grease when I put my DSS/Hendrix axles in. A pricey fix, for sure.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Couldn't get an axle or even a boot through my work at car quest but I will definitely take that number from rock auto and try to cross it!

Went to order from rock auto this morning and says part is no longer available. Found same number on a site called daves discount autoparts but it says its for a 4wd front outer. Same part number shouldn't make a difference though. Has anybody heard of that place or have any experience with them?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I don't have any experience with that supplier, but if the cost is low it probably worth a shot. I show O'Reillys has a universal CV boot (Special Products No. 33001) that might work.

Ordered it through daves discount autoparts and has to come straight from raybestos. Double checked the number on raybestos' website and will work on 2004 cts-v.

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

You might even try seeing if geforce1320 will sell you theirs, i would think they would work, (i don't have the measurements to know what their shaft sizes are vs stock though.)

I plan on just doing the boot for temperary then after I save the money do both g force axles. Has the full bmr anti hop kit but still has pretty bad wheel hop is the $500 price tag for 1 axle?

jbaldez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I am having the same problem. What part # did you use to order from Daves?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.