My Cadillac Dealer Service is Pitiful - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, My Cadillac Dealer Service is Pitiful in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Rabid: Is your V an '04 Black? I've seen one several times in the East-West Hwy/Wisconsin Avenue area. It sounds ...
    crowan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: My Cadillac Dealer Service is Pitiful

Rabid:

Is your V an '04 Black? I've seen one several times in the East-West Hwy/Wisconsin Avenue area.

It sounds like we dealt with the same person at Coleman. I am just stunned that a Cadillac dealer could be so incompetent. The V, the STS, the XLR and other models are really stunning vehicles but the sheer lack of knowledge shown by the technicians is frightening.

Carl

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by crowan
    Rabid:

Is your V an '04 Black? I've seen one several times in the East-West Hwy/Wisconsin Avenue area.

It sounds like we dealt with the same person at Coleman. I am just stunned that a Cadillac dealer could be so incompetent. The V, the STS, the XLR and other models are really stunning vehicles but the sheer lack of knowledge shown by the technicians is frightening.

Carl
    It is a 2004. It possibly could have been me, but I am rarely in that area. I work outside the beltway in West Bethesda.

The dealership I worked at before was Jim Coleman Honda. Most of the mechanics were very honest, however there was a few who were not. One time during a recall on a suspension bolt for a Passport, a mechanic broke the new bolt tightening it, and decided just to put the original, flawed one back in place instead of ordering new ones and making the customer wait for them to come in. That's why I put small dabs of paint on the recalled parts on my car. The guy doesn't work there anymore, so he got his.

donewithgm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

I had the same feeling with Jim Coleman Cadillac and my Escalade. It seems the dealer maintenance is having a hard time keeping up with the advances and complexities of the new Cadillacs versus Audi or Mercedes of which I would say Audi is the best. I found the Coleman process to be one where they just keep replacing parts till they get it right. This typically has meant 2-3 trips to the dealer per issue. Only winner I see in this is Jim Coleman who bills all under warranty. The customer loses time and vehicle use and GM loses alot of cash on initial poor quality and slow to resolve dealer support. Thus the govn't owns 70% of GM now....Hard not to see that one coming. Comparing my first 2 GM vehicles to my Caddy the principle of KISS, Keep it simple stupid as to options you get in your vehicle will definitely lower your time spent at the dealership.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

8 year-old thread bump! YAY

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.