Lug Nut Key
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Lug Nut Key in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So apparently I don't have one that came with the V. Can anyone direct me to the site with ordering? ...
    RBefort is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Lug Nut Key

So apparently I don't have one that came with the V. Can anyone direct me to the site with ordering? Heard you had to do it by the VIN number to get the correct one....or should I break them off and replace them with new set? Not at all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Lug Nut Key

IMO, the McGard style locks are junk. The dealership probably (should?) have a master set they can use to get yours off. Replace them with Gorilla locks or something else less prone to shattering.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Locks deter your average thief but if a pro wants your rims, they are gone. You can source a socket type tool that spins them right off.

I have a brand new set of the gm locks in my trunk, never installed them. My insurance deductible is 1/4 the cost of a new set of rims. By all means, steal them. Just don't leave the car on the rotors.... or better yet, please do.

(image of baltimore07V's V just popped in my head)

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

If they are stock lug nuts you will probably want to go to the dealer to make sure he gets the proper key. Let me know if you need anymore help.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Howdy, I just had a problem where my key went missing between my garage, kal tire, and a dealership.... I had no idea where it wound up but the dealership wanted to charge me an hour label to get them off. In my typical fashion I said "F that f'ers!"

It took me like 3 hours and some headache, first socket I tried to hammer on went on but didn't have enough grip to crack the nut, however it didn't want to come off and like a dumbass I used a shortie socket so I couldn't get a grip on it to get it off. Took some WD40 and fancy vicegrip structures to get er to slide off. In the end the best thing was an old deep 3/4" impact socket slightly filed to get the edges of the locknut to go into it, then hammer it on and spin, penetrant made the job way easier too. It also took some heat after to get the locknuts out of the socket.

Your in a nightmare now man! enjoy yourself! and FFFFF locknuts!

btw, got new lugs from www.GMpartshouse.com for like 2.50/each.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

RBefort is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    If they are stock lug nuts you will probably want to go to the dealer to make sure he gets the proper key. Let me know if you need anymore help.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Probably...last time I was in for oil change, they said the service dept counter had many to choose from and to go talk to them. I was in a hurry so said F it and I would come back later. No chance of me doing this myself, so could you help me out?

If your not going to do it yourself go pay them to remove the lug-nuts and then pay for a new set of 4 with a new key.

Only way (I think.) You can't get a new key for the nuts you already have on your car.

haha, nuts on your car...

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    (image of baltimore07V's V just popped in my head)
    You sure you're thinking of baltimore07's car, and not mine? Or did he get his wheels stolen, too?
    Attached Images

FWIW, I now run these: http://www.gorilla-auto.com/the-system

Reading rakenjevnk's story made me feel better about having the locks. At least if the bastards try and take my wheels again they'll have to suffer.
    Rakenjevnk and Rakenjevnk like this.

Unless I steal your wheels... I am good at it now :P

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

what makes those better then the Mcgards?? I have Mcgard Spline drives on my car right now and they look exactly the same, just a different tool. your OEM wheels got stolen or aftermarkets?

The Gorilla's are pretty much the same as the SplineDrives. The McGard's that are crap are the socket-style.

The wheels that got stolen off of my car were a badly repainted (thank you CarMax...idiots) set of accessory wheels. It sucked they got stolen, but it actually worked out pretty well since I got a new set of accessory's out of it. If it happened again it wouldn't be so nice, since it's pretty much impossible to get accessory wheels now.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
    You sure you're thinking of baltimore07's car, and not mine? Or did he get his wheels stolen, too?
    Dang, maybe it was yours...that seems like the pic... Do you live near there? Maybe he chimed in to help or something...

I used to live in Baltimore, but the wheels got stolen when I was visiting a friend in Wheaton, MD.

I hate that place.

Ahhhh, yeah I remember now... Wheaton MD, never go there. I live near/in/around quite a few places like that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.