Post Your Best On Track Pic! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Best On Track Pic! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Aurora40 I agree, I think the 1st gen CTS and especially CTS-V draw a real line in ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Post Your Best On Track Pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
    I agree, I think the 1st gen CTS and especially CTS-V draw a real line in the sand style-wise. They are very attractive and the design is pretty timeless, they look as good today as in 2002 when the design was revealed. The only thing that is dated on some of the CTS's are the small/clunky wheels and the rough exhaust tip.
    I always liked the CTS design. But, it wasn't until the CTS-V and CTS Sport that it really popped. The CTS needs the larger 17" and 18" wheels to fill out the wheel wells, moreso than in other cars...

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Nope, not an issue AT ALL. Almost every track day I've done in the V2 has been in 90+ degree heat. And I'm running modded to about 630hp. My tuner, Behe, was insistent that you do not need a large intercooler and that stock cooling is more than adequate. All the debate in V2 on intercoolers are fine if you go to the drag strip, but on the street and road course, GM gave it plenty of cooling...
    Well I was going to PM you but since I can only send two every hour...ugh

You might wanna browse this thread about what "tuning" Behe does...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagno...dyno-tune.html

Take it as you may but coming from someone who does their own tuning a stock VE table and MAF curve after paying for a "tune" is a big no no.

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Well I was going to PM you but since I can only send two every hour...ugh

You might wanna browse this thread about what "tuning" Behe does...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagno...dyno-tune.html

Take it as you may but coming from someone who does their own tuning a stock VE table and MAF curve after paying for a "tune" is a big no no.
    I don't know what happened to DMM on that thread. Maybe he had an employee that FUBAR'd it up and covered it up, maybe someone there slept with his wife. I don't know. I tried to google search for bad reviews. Guys at ls1tech seem to like to gang up so I take conversations there with a grain of salt. I also don't care how good a shop may be, if they are full of a-holes, like Race Proven Motorsports, I won't go there.

What I do know: my choosing of Behe didn't come from internet swooning. Behe had a V-day at their shop. I got to meet the guys and see all that they do at their shop. Lindsay Cadillac had sent cars up there that had been previously been messed up in tuning and assembling and Behe sorted it out. There were V guys who had work done there already and were happy. I liked that they were into road racing and that they worked on anything. They don't try to oversell you on anything. I told them what I wanted and we laid out a plan and got it done. I also liked the fact they trade in all out numbers for longevity.

What else I know: I've had my V modded now for over 19 months. I have driven it hard, road raced it, autocrossed it and have received reliable power throughout. I have not seen a hiccup, no CEL. My V has been unflappable. One story online isn't good. But it's FAR outweighed by the numerous positive experiences I KNOW about in person and on the forums.

Since I first met John Behe, I've seen him at various events and V-days. He's always VERY personable and will talk to you all day long when he can. He has no pretensions, he is a truly nice guy. He backs up his work(DMM never got back to Behe about his issues, if they were legit) and will go out of his way to help out guys he's done work for. When I showed up at the last V-day with what I thought was a bad wheel he insisted I call him next time and he would've brought down track wheels for me.

I know what I've got. And that is a well modified, dependable V...

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

I don't know what happened to DMM on that thread. Maybe he had an employee that FUBAR'd it up and covered it up, maybe someone there slept with his wife. I don't know. I tried to google search for bad reviews. Guys at ls1tech seem to like to gang up so I take conversations there with a grain of salt. I also don't care how good a shop may be, if they are full of a-holes, like Race Proven Motorsports, I won't go there.

What I do know: my choosing of Behe didn't come from internet swooning. Behe had a V-day at their shop. I got to meet the guys and see all that they do at their shop. Lindsay Cadillac had sent cars up there that had been previously been messed up in tuning and assembling and Behe sorted it out. There were V guys who had work done there already and were happy. I liked that they were into road racing and that they worked on anything. They don't try to oversell you on anything. I told them what I wanted and we laid out a plan and got it done. I also liked the fact they trade in all out numbers for longevity.

What else I know: I've had my V modded now for over 19 months. I have driven it hard, road raced it, autocrossed it and have received reliable power throughout. I have not seen a hiccup, no CEL. My V has been unflappable. One story online isn't good. But it's FAR outweighed by the numerous positive experiences I KNOW about in person and on the forums.

Since I first met John Behe, I've seen him at various events and V-days. He's always VERY personable and will talk to you all day long when he can. He has no pretensions, he is a truly nice guy. He backs up his work(DMM never got back to Behe about his issues, if they were legit) and will go out of his way to help out guys he's done work for. When I showed up at the last V-day with what I thought was a bad wheel he insisted I call him next time and he would've brought down track wheels for me.

I know what I've got. And that is a well modified, dependable V...
    Well it sounds like you've done your due diligence and that is all that I was worried about. (Just informing in case you didn't know anything about it) Its tough to say why DMM paid for a dyno tune and left with stock tables but if you are satisfied that is all that matters. BTW I couldn't agree more with internet folks jumping on bandwagons. It makes it difficult to shuffle through the BS at times...

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Back on track

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black
    ^^^ couldn't agree with you anymore. Sad that the season is over though. Now the only thing to look forward to is that first snowfall and some serious drifting....

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by hXc95SLS View Post
    ow the only thing to look forward to is that first snowfall and some serious drifting....
    Um, yeah us that live above 195 already had that experience this year. Not the direct result, but one of the reasons there is now a Ranger in my driveway lol. Bring on the white stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Well it sounds like you've done your due diligence and that is all that I was worried about. (Just informing in case you didn't know anything about it) Its tough to say why DMM paid for a dyno tune and left with stock tables but if you are satisfied that is all that matters. BTW I couldn't agree more with internet folks jumping on bandwagons. It makes it difficult to shuffle through the BS at times...
    I appreciate that. I really wish that guy had gone back to Behe and figured out what happened. I have no doubt John and much of his crew could tune properly with their eyes closed. It's near impossible for a company to have a spotless record. Even if that issue was legit, I still feel extremely comfortable with their body of work.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Nope, not an issue AT ALL. Almost every track day I've done in the V2 has been in 90+ degree heat. And I'm running modded to about 630hp. My tuner, Behe, was insistent that you do not need a large intercooler and that stock cooling is more than adequate. All the debate in V2 on intercoolers are fine if you go to the drag strip, but on the street and road course, GM gave it plenty of cooling...
    Yeah, if you get to a T&T that is empty, those back to back runs will drive up heat big time.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Yup, even with the lowly Maggie your good on a road course.
    Before meth I was seeing 140s IAT on the front straight at Summit.
    After meth, it showed 114 IAT on the infield (after two very long straights back to back) at Pocono.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Junior1 and Junior1 like this.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Bobby Fischer
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Bobby Fischer
    I know him well...

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

I know him well...
    Boris Spassky to ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.