Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CAGS (LS6 vs LS2)

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  trhs75 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a CAGS eliminator for my soon to be V, but just have 2 quick questions...

1) Where are you guys getting them from, reliably. I dont want something that is going to last me 2 weeks and fizz out.
2) Is there a difference between LS6 CAGS eliminators and LS2's? It still utilizes the same T56 transmission but some advertised solely say LS6. Possibly because it has to do with some throttle position parameters, but I dont think this would affect it. But what do I know.

Be easy on me, just entered/entering the V scene :bouncy:

#2 ·
ebay for like $30. doesn't matter which one IMO. I bought one for an 04 and its working fine in my 06.
alternatively, you can build one for about $7 with a couple parts from radioshack. I remember seeing a guide somewhere in here.
There's alot of old DIY threads that seem to have been buried.

#3 ·
I bought this one a few weeks ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-CT...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4ab0cab62d

Really happy with the price ($10!), installed easily (and the components looked exactly the same as the stock components that it mated up with, and works great so far. Only knock was that the instruction sheet that came with it was confusing and misidentified which harness to plug it in (said it was blue, but mine was black). Easily figured out though since the blue was different shape/incompatible anyway...

#6 ·
I got one in September on eBay from nookandtranny.com for $26.22 shipped. Once the car was jacked up, it literally would have been a one or two minute install except that I had trouble reaching beside the tranny to separate the existing connections. This unit is simply a nice weatherproof cap for each end of the separated connectors. You'll see the 1-4 light on the dash just as before, but no more looking like an idiot in slow traffic when you can't get in gear. I should have gone ahead and done it while I was in warranty!

#7 ·
I've had my V for about 8 months now and have seen the light only maybe 8 times and a couple of those, I was trying to make it come on. You really have to granny it to get it to come on. Not sure I would worry about it too much if mine didn't already have one installed. Just curious, because I haven't driven a car without one, but is there sometimes a problem getting it into 4th, when the system activates?

You'll see the 1-4 light on the dash just as before, but no more looking like an idiot in slow traffic when you can't get in gear. I should have gone ahead and done it while I was in warranty!

#8 ·
Getting into 4th was never an issue. The problem was it would force you into 4th at the most inopertune times. I never saw the 1>4 indicator until right before I put the eliminator in. I have a stop sign that I turn right at and it turns into the onramp to the interstate. It would always kick in as I was going around the corner, sucks to be going 17mph in 4th gear at the bottom of an interstate onramp.

#9 ·
It was just weird to be locked out of 2nd, then have to move the lever to go to 4th, so in that sense it was harder to get in gear. Interestingly, it seems much harder to get the 1-4 upshift light to go on now that the device is installed, but dangrus is right -- it would go on at the most inopportune times!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.