Relocated Batt to the rear
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By rand49er
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Relocated Batt to the rear in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Here is a pic of my attempt to relocate the batt to the rear. I used the same method as ...
    Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Relocated Batt to the rear

Here is a pic of my attempt to relocate the batt to the rear. I used the same method as the BMW where i connected the ground wires to the chassis and did a direct positive to the engine bay.

Fair i added 5lb due to the weight of the wires but with a batt that weighs 9lb i am not gonna complain...

I also added a cut off switch for those long terminal parkings so no one tries to rip off my ride...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Relocated Batt to the rear

That has drastically changed the appearance of your car, so it's good you posted this in the Appearance Mods forum!

Have you started the car yet with that configuration? What wire gauge did you use?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Has anyone tried to relocate the battery to that "spare tire" area in the trunk? I think that would be nifty and you wouldn't have to cut too much.

Maybe you did put it in the spare tire thingy? now that I stare at the picture long enough I'm trippin out!

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Rakenjevnk View Post
    Has anyone tried to relocate the battery to that "spare tire" area in the trunk? I think that would be nifty and you wouldn't have to cut too much.

Maybe you did put it in the spare tire thingy? now that I stare at the picture long enough I'm trippin out!
    Lol no its on the side. Although I certainly see your POV.

bassillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ctsv

What Guage cable did you use and how long is the run? (cable length) How did you splice/connect to the factory positive? These
    batteries are very cool but at $2000 out of reach for most americans. Thanks for sharing....

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by bassillac View Post
    These
    batteries are very cool but at $2000 out of reach for most americans. Thanks for sharing....
    .......Americans ?? I'd guess that these batteries were not designed for export to countries where it is believed people have lots of money . Nice setup Naf. Looks very tidy back there. The lithium is a bit over the top but guys wanting the other Braille options can get some ideas from your set up. Yes as Bassillac said please give us the details on the cables.

Naf

I used a 2 gauge multistrand high flex wire..This is my second Lithium battery, the first one died and this almost bit the dust due to the excessive heat in the engine bay. Thats the main reason for the relocation.

I have started the car three times but am gonna have to put in a capacitor in the engine bay to help with the current draw.

I raised my tub to be shallower than stock for more vacuum in the rear of the car,

I have a modified Specter spoiler in the works with a CF wicker that is adjustable.

Naf

Quote Originally Posted by bassillac View Post
    What Guage cable did you use and how long is the run? (cable length) How did you splice/connect to the factory positive? These
    I will snap a couple pics of the engine bay so you may see how i connected the positive in.

I actually used the Casper relocation kit. Simple and effective. I did reuse the stock positive wires for safety.

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

How can a Li-Ion battery possibly be charged safely and effectively from a simple alternator? Is there a smart charging circuit in series?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Shouldn't this be in the Appearance Section?

Wait ... what?
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Naf

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    How can a Li-Ion battery possibly be charged safely and effectively from a simple alternator? Is there a smart charging circuit in series?
    There are a series of small batteries in the battery so charging them to 12v isnt a problem. I took apart my 128L and found this out...It couldnt be saved and Braille was seein $$$ when they told me how much it will cost to repair.

Rander i thought the same thing, till someone made a remark about how it didnt alter the exterior look of the car...Needless to say it has been done and looks like it came this way from the dealer

Naf

Grounding the car makes the biggest difference. Had half the car with speaker and the other half not. Also the idle wasnt smooth at all. I added two more cables. One from the passenger side body to the center block for the engine, and one from the drivers side to the same block.

Idle is ultra smooth, and the radio is hesss free. Will be installin a 10 farad capacitor for better electronic filteration and more power

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Can you post up that engine bay photo and how you ran all of your wires, mounted your battery and your extra grounds?

Thanks!

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

I waited patiently about a year for a photos; think you could get it up in the next 2-3 years?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.