Roof Dents?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Roof Dents? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just bought an 06 CTS-V and noticed that the roof is buckled at each of the four (4) corners ...
    Alpinelx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Roof Dents?

I just bought an 06 CTS-V and noticed that the roof is buckled at each of the four (4) corners of the moon roof. You can only see it when the car is clean and at the right angle, but was wondering if others have experienced the same thing. According to the carfax, the vehicle has been in an accident, but the suspension seems great and the car drives strait as an arrow. It almost seems like someone took through a turn so hard that the roof buckled. Anyway, it in not that apparent, but am curious if anyone has had the same experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Yeah it's very common, nothing to worry about.

Re: Roof Dents?

Interesting, Does it have to do with the roof sheet metal being too thin, or the fact that the car can wip around a corner and flex the body?

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

This happened to me after a drive on the A62 where I was averaging 130 mph. At one point the wind caught the roof and it caused the entire car to shake. After I stopped I checked out the roof and had similar dents to the ones you are describing. I was really annoyed at first, but as with everything in life...with time, comes apathy.

I no longer drive 100+ with the roof open, BTW.

Wow, that's interesting. Do you or anyone else on here know if you can do the hair dryer + compressed air trick on these areas to pop them back to original? It doesn't bother me too much, but I didn't notice them until I already signed the papers for the car. BTW - I went from a 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC to the 06 V and have to say it is a world of difference. These are great cars!

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

You'd probably be better off just taking it to a good PDR guy if it really bothers you. Give it a few days, though. You'll get over it.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinelx View Post
    Wow, that's interesting. Do you or anyone else on here know if you can do the hair dryer + compressed air trick on these areas to pop them back to original? It doesn't bother me too much, but I didn't notice them until I already signed the papers for the car. BTW - I went from a 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC to the 06 V and have to say it is a world of difference. These are great cars!
    So you're no stranger to wheelhop! I knew a chick with a hunter green one and it tramped like hell. She was a tramp too but that's another story.

Post some pics if it's that bad. Mine is so subtle you can only see it when it's waxed and your cheek is parallel with the roof..

Ya, its a black car, and your right, only when its waxed can you see it. Its one of those things that only the owner notices. lol I will post pictures later this week. I am currently in Canada on business. Also, I actually have 2 Thunderbirds, 1) 94 4.6 2) 95 3.8 SC 5-Speed. Yes, wheel hop has always been a problem with the IRS cars. Thank you for everyone's input, I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem with the roof dents.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

I can see it on mine too. But barley

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.