tpms has one tire pressure blinking?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, tpms has one tire pressure blinking? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, newby here. I tried searching google, but didn't come up with much in terms of my problem. I ...
    hatched91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

tpms has one tire pressure blinking?

Hey guys, newby here. I tried searching google, but didn't come up with much in terms of my problem. I bought a 05 cts-v cheap with a few small issues. One of these issues is that the right front wheel sensor is blinking at 21psi, and the tire pressure alert light is on. I checked all the tires, and ironically, the left rear was at 21psi, and seems it has a nail in it Anyways, after airing up, there is no change in the tpms, and the tpms did not show the left rear tire as being low to begin with. So, where should I start? Please keep in mind that the dealer is the LAST place i want to go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cwcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cadillac Deville DHS
    Well you have a couple of options.some cars have a system which knows what sensor is at each location and if the tires where rotated with out having the system reset to the new locations could be part of it. So lower the location that is blinking's tire pressure and see if it changes in side. If it does you know that they are in the correct place and that sensor is bad. It should be replaced and coded to the computer and problem solved hope this helps

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.794730,-76.959050

Slithering_Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet

Re: tpms has one tire pressure blinking?

The pressure reading blinks when the low-pressure threshold is crossed.

Read the FAQ for the TPMS programming:
    http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tprepro.html

Fill all the tires to the proper pressure using a hand held gauge. Then follow instructions in the FAQ to make sure the cluster display matches the tire pressure sensor orientation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.