headlight question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, headlight question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So my body shop was replacing a cracked headlight assembly and they ordered the $995 HID with auto leveling even ...
    Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

headlight question

So my body shop was replacing a cracked headlight assembly and they ordered the $995 HID with auto leveling even though I told them that was the export version. Our cars should get the HID without auto leveling. Anyway, I figured it was no big deal and should still look the same but it doesn't! That new side HID lamp looks yellow and not blue like the other side.

Any ideas? Do the export headlight assemblies with auto leveling use a different HID lamp? Shouldn't it still be blueish in color?

Sigh....

Am I being picky or what:

IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0113.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG
    Did you try swapping the lamp form your old headlight or the other side original?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Re: headlight question

My first guess would be that it could just be an HID bulb age difference, as they don't maintain exactly the same color temp as they get hours on them.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    You're still a customer, just politely complain... If they can exchange without taking a financial hit, they might. Did the service writer make the mistake or jimbob in parts? Is it a completely different part number? Seems odd they'd blindly order the wrong one even after you told them. Did you find out before or after it was installed? Can you tell much when the light hits the road? Did they at least install right? ie, the rubber lip isn't crunched? I had to use a credit card and flip mine out when installed back in 08. One still isn't perfect...

Otherwise the bulb has to be the issue, but that is not a cheap switch...

It would probably bother most of us, it would me...but as long as it wasn't physically different in appearance during the day, and I couldn't tell unless the light was hitting a close object, I could maybe live with it... Most V owners are very picky about cars otherwise we wouldn't own a V(1).

Well I got the body shop to pull the bumper again and the new headlight assembly HID bulb has a 1 at the end of the number and my original has a 4 at the end of the number. They tell me this determines the color of the light. Thankfully they still had my damaged assembly and are putting that bulb in the new one. Should be good to go later today.

My original headlight assemblies were practically brand new already (maybe a year old) from when a dealer replaced them under warranty because one of the washer motors broke.

texasseville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I'll just copy and paste my reply from the other site

All new OEM bulbs should be yellow'ish. The color temp on stock bulbs should be 4300K, which is yellowish / white until it color shifts over time. Then they'll turn more white and get purple'ish when theyre about to die.

Well about 1.5 years ago a dealership replaced both headlight assemblies and they were blue lights...not yellow. These were brand new oem assemblies.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    My new own headlights from Lindsey were bluish not yellow

well all is fixed and the V looks perfect up front. Time to put her up for sale and continue my search for a V2.

texasseville is offline Cadillac Owners Member

OEM bulbs are not blue or blue'ish. To have blue you'd need a 6k-8k bulb depending on manufacture and none use that high of a Kelvin bulb. You're probably seeing the cutoff flicker and not the actual light output.

ROG
    ROG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Mine have a blue tint too.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Mine are purple/blue too. If you're driving towards me they're only purple/blue tinted from certain angles. They look yellow-ish from other angles. But when you're the one behind the wheel, they're always purple/blue looking.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

dont forget clear bra

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.